From: Duncan Kennedy on
Jetasia <appliancepartsse(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> Duncan this may be a little off topic but how do I close the gaps in
> the background color in sidebar one and sidebar two?

Hi Jetasia

You have a style called ".container" but it's missing in the code. I
put it in like this:

- - - - - - - - - -

alink="#FF0000">

- - - - - - - - - - - -

(The </div> seems to be there OK at the bottom)

and changed the colour of the "background colour" of the .container
style to the same blue as the rest (03F) - that works but may have
changed some other colours - is so - come back. (OK in a quick test I
managed to end up with one header Div grey and one blue in two separate
pages and I can't find the difference - yet!)

>These new templates are great but balance of CSS properties and HTML
> seems to be

You seem to have a bit of duplication - like "background" and
"background-color" and some Page settings trying to fight with the CSS -
you can probably ignore the Page settings - I would sort these out so
you have just one attribute for each unless, for example, you want the
text to have a different background to the DIV it is placed in.

> I also need an organized way to place photos without all the frames showing
> up. I am ready to add photos and product information linked to PDF's but
> until I know the template will work properly everything is on hold. I would
> appreciate any advice or direction in CSS CS5,

I'm not sure which frames you mean here. Could it be in the "table"?
If so simply highlight the table in Design view and change the border
attribute in the properties bar (I'm on CS4 on a Mac here) to 0 instead
of the 2 it is set at. If you have any problems with borders appearing
on the individual photos do the same - there is a border entry that
needs a zero in that case (although you seem to have fixed the
infuriating blue border on photo links with your link styles.)

Personally, if you are planning the same layout on all or most of your
pages I would prefer to use a separate style sheet referenced from each
page - that way you only have to ament the styles once.

There appears to be somethinh wrong with your navigation bar - it seems
to lose the text on roll-over - perhaps you intended that. My own
preference for this type of menu is to use Spry from the Dreamweaver
menu and then make that a library item so you only need to amen that
once every time it changes.

I'm sure others will have their own ideas but if I can help don't
hesitate to come back and I'll try - I never claim to be an expert even
if I have been using Dreamweaver since V2 - there is a lot I don't need.

If you want to contact me direct try obg at otterson-bg dot com and make
the subject something that will catch my eye.

> Here is the link... http://ledelectronicsusa.com/

Thanks for that - it really does help.
--
duncank