From: April May on
I have been using Dreamweaver MX 2004 for years on Mac G5. No problems
at all connecting with FTP.

Over last 2 days I have tried to connect using FTP and I get error.
"An FTP error has occurred. The server is not responding. Please check
your connection information."

I have several sites and they are on different hosting servers, none
of them will connect with Dreamweaver. And it immediately gives the
error, doesn't seem to be an attempt from Dreamweaver to connect.

I can connect to the sites using other FTP access programs, eg. Fetch,
so I know it is not the information, passwords etc.

Nothing has changed on my computer, I have not had a crash or changed
anything, nothing has changed on the servers.

I figured it was some prefs file that possibly corrupted and needed to
be removed and the program restarted to create new prefs, but that
wasn't it either.

Would some kind of bug or virus mess this up? would it attack a mac? I
do not seem to be having any problems with anything else.

I am at a loss, I cannot understand what would make it all of a sudden
stop working. Any advice or ideas are great appreciated.
From: Duncan Kennedy on
April May <stephhyatt(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have been using Dreamweaver MX 2004 for years on Mac G5. No problems
> at all connecting with FTP.
>
> Over last 2 days I have tried to connect using FTP and I get error.
> "An FTP error has occurred. The server is not responding. Please check
> your connection information."
>
> I have several sites and they are on different hosting servers, none
> of them will connect with Dreamweaver. And it immediately gives the
> error, doesn't seem to be an attempt from Dreamweaver to connect.
>
> I can connect to the sites using other FTP access programs, eg. Fetch,
> so I know it is not the information, passwords etc.
>
> Nothing has changed on my computer, I have not had a crash or changed
> anything, nothing has changed on the servers.
>
> I figured it was some prefs file that possibly corrupted and needed to
> be removed and the program restarted to create new prefs, but that
> wasn't it either.
>
> Would some kind of bug or virus mess this up? would it attack a mac? I
> do not seem to be having any problems with anything else.

As a Mac user f9Dreamweaver CS4) for a year or so I don't subscribe to
the belief that Macs are immune - but I can't imagine why some malware
would attack Dreamweaver FTP and not your other FTP programs.

I'm not familiar enough with Macs to comment except one suggestion that
borders on waving burning chicken bones but worked yesterday here when
Thunderbird suddenly failed to connect. I launhed as usual from
Dashboard and that's what failed - in desparation I eventually launched
directly from the Applications folder.

Like you, nothing on my system had changed. I dragged the icon off
dashboard and replaced it with the one from the running application - it
is still working.

Aternatively, kill the data on one of your server accesses and set up a
new connection for it - to see if the file which holds that has become
corrupt (particularly the password as you usually can't see that (I
don't use Dreamweaver for FTP sp don't have the details)

I wonder if there has been a Mac update with a problem (everything else
seems OK).

If nobody arrives here with the answer you might want to try the
official Adobe Forums on their web site - sadly, they gave up this group
15 months ago.
--
duncank
From: April May on
i kinda doubt its a virus or like but I am grasping.

I did as you suggested but to no avail.

I was hoping this has happened to others and they had a quick, fix.

I just cant understand why it would all of a sudden just stop working
only in DW.

I first thought it was server, maybe changed or something like that
but since i have sites on different servers and none of the connect I
figure its something in my program has gone bad, or outdated that it
doesnt work anymore with internet, i just dont know.

thanks for responding
From: MD34 on
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 13:02:42 -0700 (PDT), April May <stephhyatt(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I have been using Dreamweaver MX 2004 for years on Mac G5. No problems
>at all connecting with FTP.
>
>Over last 2 days I have tried to connect using FTP and I get error.
>"An FTP error has occurred. The server is not responding. Please check
>your connection information."
>
>I have several sites and they are on different hosting servers, none
>of them will connect with Dreamweaver. And it immediately gives the
>error, doesn't seem to be an attempt from Dreamweaver to connect.
>
>I can connect to the sites using other FTP access programs, eg. Fetch,
>so I know it is not the information, passwords etc.
>
>Nothing has changed on my computer, I have not had a crash or changed
>anything, nothing has changed on the servers.
>
>I figured it was some prefs file that possibly corrupted and needed to
>be removed and the program restarted to create new prefs, but that
>wasn't it either.
>
>Would some kind of bug or virus mess this up? would it attack a mac? I
>do not seem to be having any problems with anything else.
>
>I am at a loss, I cannot understand what would make it all of a sudden
>stop working. Any advice or ideas are great appreciated.

Sounds like a firewall block
Dunno bout macs but I assume you have the either as part of the OS (ala Windows
Firewall) or an external program. Software updates that happen almost daily in
some AV programs.

If you have an AV or firewall, shut it down and try to connect
From: Jetasia on
On Jul 13, 5:27 pm, nos...(a)nospamottersonbg.couk (Duncan Kennedy)
wrote:
> April May <stephhy...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I have been using Dreamweaver MX 2004 for years on Mac G5. No problems
> > at all connecting with FTP.
>
> > Over last 2 days I have tried to connect using FTP and I get error.
> > "An FTP error has occurred. The server is not responding. Please check
> > your connection information."
>
> > I have several sites and they are on different hosting servers, none
> > of them will connect with Dreamweaver. And it immediately gives the
> > error, doesn't seem to be an attempt from Dreamweaver to connect.
>
> > I can connect to the sites using other FTP access programs, eg. Fetch,
> > so I know it is not the information, passwords etc.
>
> > Nothing has changed on my computer, I have not had a crash or changed
> > anything, nothing has changed on the servers.
>
> > I figured it was some prefs file that possibly corrupted and needed to
> > be removed and the program restarted to create new prefs, but that
> > wasn't it either.
>
> > Would some kind of bug or virus mess this up? would it attack a mac? I
> > do not seem to be having any problems with anything else.
>
> As a Mac user f9Dreamweaver CS4) for a year or so I don't subscribe to
> the belief that Macs are immune - but I can't imagine why some malware
> would attack Dreamweaver FTP and not your other FTP programs.
>
> I'm not familiar enough with Macs to comment except one suggestion that
> borders on waving burning chicken bones but worked yesterday here when
> Thunderbird suddenly failed to connect.  I launhed as usual from
> Dashboard and that's what failed - in desparation I eventually launched
> directly from the Applications folder.
>
> Like you, nothing on my system had changed.  I dragged the icon off
> dashboard and replaced it with the one from the running application - it
> is still working.
>
> Aternatively, kill the data on one of your server accesses and set up a
> new connection for it  -  to see if the file which holds that has become
> corrupt (particularly the password as you usually can't see that (I
> don't use Dreamweaver for FTP sp don't have the details)
>
> I wonder if there has been a Mac update with a problem (everything else
> seems OK).
>
> If nobody arrives here with the answer you might want to try the
> official Adobe Forums on their web site - sadly, they gave up this group
> 15 months ago.
> --
> duncank- Hide quoted text -

Duncan this may be a little off topic but how do I close the gaps in
the background color in sidebar one and sidebar two? These new
templates are great but balance of CSS properties and HTML seems to be
quite a chore. Once I thinkI have the color changed in Dreamweaver the
web appears different than appear in in dreamweaver. I also need an
organized way to place photos without all the frames showing up.I am
ready to add photos and product information linked to PDF's but until
I know the template will work properly everything is on hold. I would
appreciate any advice or direction in CSS CS5, Thanks, Jetasia Here
is the link... http://ledelectronicsusa.com/