From: veedawg on
does anyone have any CSWP sample tests or prep material that they are
willing to sell?

I checked out the sample test questions and basic modeling skills part
and so far so good. Once question though, on the basic skills test, do
they provide the "scoring criteria" in advance (ex. changing # in a
pattern to update correctly) or do you have to assume what may or may
not change? I know they give a list of design requirements, but it
doesn't seem fair if you don't know what the computer will be looking
for exactly. Just curious.

Thanks in advance!
V~

From: Rock Guy on
Each problem in the CSWP defines the design intent and how the design
intent relates to specific model changes. This is your scoring
criteria, you need to be sure you have designed your model properly to
meet these pre-defined specs. It's been a while but I don't believe
the test breaks down scoring for every aspect in the problem spec (the
actual grading spreadsheet you recieve after the test does). I believe
each problem is listed with a total number of possible points only.

I created a Power Point presentation for the CSWP which I presented to
our user group. You can find it here
http://www.robrodriguez.com/NVTSWUG%20Home.htm under the
"presenations" button to the left. It includes a sample model of some
of the methods used and the correct and incorrect ways to build one of
the sample parts. You may find it helpful.

From: SWX-VAR-JP on
Make sure that you have at least 1-2yrs of fulltime SolidWorks
experience before attempting this certification.

From: veedawg on
my company is still on SW2005, so I'm tryin studying all the "what's
new" updates for SW2006. I got the exam outline from SolidWorks so that
should help. I know 2006 has A LOT of changes so I need to cram rather
quickly.

As for the modeling portion, I had some concern because of the 50
different ways the sample model from the SW website can be modeled. The
model is very easy to make per the "design requirements"....but the
"scoring criteria "had additional "design requirements" which changes
the strategy of making the model.

Does anyone know what the breakdown is to pass the test? I.e. do I need
a 70% in all 3 catergories (written, basic modeling, advanced
modeling)??? is each section weighted? Jeez the last time I took a test
was in school...ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO!

thanks!

From: SWX-VAR-JP on
Take it from me as someone who has taken the test and now proctors the
exam to users.

The items that you are tested on are basic modeling skills, so I would
not focus so much on the "What's New".

The scoring is as follows, you need an 80% on the test to pass, this is
comprised of a written test(100 points, 20% of total score), Core
Skills(300 points, 60% of total score), Adv. Skill(100 points, 20% of
total score).

The modeling is based on the techniques taught in the essentials and
advanced classes.

One good resource to use is i.get.it, they have a CSWP preperation
module. All skills that are tested are shown in this training. ;-)

Pages: 1
Prev: Hole Wizard
Next: mating threads