From: Tony on
When I attempt to open the hole Wizard, I get a message that the PC is out
of memory or an other error occurred and hole wizard fails. This is on SW
2006 SP 2.0 on WIN XP Pro. I removed SW, cleaned the registry, turned of AV
and reinstalled. Same problem. This PC was installed from an admin image
that was also installed on several other PC with out any problems.

This occurs in the admin account as well as the user account. Today, while
I was converting some 2004 documents, the message came up again. Any
suggests on how to correct this.

Thanks for input.

Tony

From: John Layne on
Tony wrote:
> When I attempt to open the hole Wizard, I get a message that the PC is out
> of memory or an other error occurred and hole wizard fails. This is on SW
> 2006 SP 2.0 on WIN XP Pro. I removed SW, cleaned the registry, turned of AV
> and reinstalled. Same problem. This PC was installed from an admin image
> that was also installed on several other PC with out any problems.
>
> This occurs in the admin account as well as the user account. Today, while
> I was converting some 2004 documents, the message came up again. Any
> suggests on how to correct this.
>
> Thanks for input.
>
> Tony

I had the same problem the other week with 2005 sp5. I noticed this the
day after installing SolidMech 4.1.1

I'm not actually sure SolidMech was the problem, I used the System
Restore in Windows Xp to return to the previous days restore point and
my problem was solved. Before I tried the System Restore option I tried
the SolidWorks repair function to no avail. Haven't yet tried
reinstalling SolidMech to confirm this was the problem or some other
random glitch.

John Layne
www.solidengineering.co.nz
From: Dale Dunn on
Coincidence maybe? SolidMech hasn't caused be any trouble yet.
From: John Kreutzberger on

> When I attempt to open the hole Wizard, I get a message that the PC is out
> of memory or an other error occurred and hole wizard fails.

I got that same error a couple of weeks ago with a huge assembly that had
problems in it. I was trying to bull my way through it because I couldn't
fix the inherent problems in some of the files. I think in my case SW ran
out of memory because it was trying to resolve the difficulties with my
assembly.

Was this a large part/assembly?

jk

From: Tony on
No, this was a very small part with no other apps launched. The system only
has 512 Mb of ram but other PCs have the same ram with out any problems.

Thanks to all for your input. I'll keep working on it with our VAR and SW.

Tony

"John Kreutzberger" <jk_nospam_design(a)surewest.net> wrote in message

> > When I attempt to open the hole Wizard, I get a message that the PC is
out
> > of memory or an other error occurred and hole wizard fails.
>
> I got that same error a couple of weeks ago with a huge assembly that had
> problems in it. I was trying to bull my way through it because I couldn't
> fix the inherent problems in some of the files. I think in my case SW ran
> out of memory because it was trying to resolve the difficulties with my
> assembly.
>
> Was this a large part/assembly?
>
> jk
>

 |  Next  |  Last