From: Mike Gleason Jr Couturier on
Hi,

I just created a tab control into a dialog
box project but the background of my pages
are not the same as the background of the tab
control... Any ideas on how to make the pages
background transparent ?

Mike

From: PaulH on
See if this helps:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/userex/refentry.asp

-PaulH

From: green on
If you Dialog's backgroud is single color
you can Fill you Tab Back with the just color,if not you can get parent's
dc and it's rectangle that you Tab on Bitblt Parent the just area to you
Tab's.

"Mike Gleason Jr Couturier" <abuse(a)videotron.ca> ??????????
:OOVbGKb4FHA.1864(a)TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

From: Mike Gleason Jr Couturier on

"green" <greenabc300(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you Dialog's backgroud is single color
> you can Fill you Tab Back with the just color,if not you can get
> parent's
> dc and it's rectangle that you Tab on Bitblt Parent the just area to you
> Tab's.

The background of the property sheet is darker at the
bottom with XP style.. it's not a solid color.

Nice idea though... I've never tried to change the
background of a dialog box (property page) before,
this will be an occasion to do something new ! In
fact, I've never messed with DC or painting before.

Mike

From: Minus on
Painting the background is not the solution in this case.

Rather, include the following code in each dialog's OnInitDialog()
method:

// XP theme? Enable the dialog's background
HINSTANCE m_hthemeDllHandle = LoadLibrary( _T("UxTheme.dll") );

if( m_hthemeDllHandle != NULL )
{
EnableThemeDialogTextureFn* pEnableThemeDialogTexture =
reinterpret_cast<EnableThemeDialogTextureFn*>(
GetProcAddress( m_hthemeDllHandle, "EnableThemeDialogTexture" ) );

if( pEnableThemeDialogTexture != NULL )
pEnableThemeDialogTexture( this->m_hWnd, ETDT_ENABLETAB );

FreeLibrary( m_hthemeDllHandle );
}

And include these defines in the header:

#define ETDT_DISABLE 0x00000001
#define ETDT_ENABLE 0x00000002
#define ETDT_USETABTEXTURE 0x00000004
#define ETDT_ENABLETAB ( ETDT_ENABLE | ETDT_USETABTEXTURE )

Hope it helps.