From: Shreyas on
Folks,

Just quite could not stop taking your inputs before I start my learning
curve to shape up.

Should I use one of these frameworks or just *K*eep *I*t *S*imple and *S*tupid
and learn it the traditional way? Thoughts?

--
Regards,
Shreyas
From: "larry on
First spend time working with straight up PHP, writing your own stuff,
throwing it away, and writing it again. What you'll learn that way is
immeasurable.

Then pick a framework (Cake, Drupal, Symfony, Zend, PEAR, whatever) and
learn it, maybe two. Try working with it and extending it.

Then do the bulk of your serious work with that framework, having had
enough experience to understand what it's doing and why.

The timeframe for that process will vary widely from a few months to a
few years depending on how quickly you pick stuff up and how much time
you have, but that's going to get you the best education and productivity.

--Larry Garfield

From: Shreyas on
Larry,

That's a very nice way to learn stuff. That's what I am doing but probably
in a very crude way.

I am just reading a PHP book and doing those examples. Would you recommend
any other innovative way of learning and mastering this language?

Regards,
Shreyas

From: Shreyas on
Trying again.

--Shreyas

--
Regards,
Shreyas
From: =?UTF-8?Q?Hans_=C3=85hlin?= on
The thing I did beside the stuff already mentioned is,
I took stuff from real life and I tried to define them and then write
a program that handled/simulated it.

Hans Åhlin
Tel: +46761488019
icq: 275232967