From: Phoenix on
On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 11:40:39 +0100, John Braner <me(a)myhouse.com>
wrote:
> On 04/07/2010 04:19, Sue Morton wrote:
> > You DO have virtual bad breath!!! LOL But no, we didn't leave
you,
> > we're still here...
> >
> > It seems some people are getting along just fine with Sonar and
are not
> > posting for help with any problems.
> >
> > The rest are getting along fine with Reaper and not posting for
help
> > with any problems.
> >
> > :-)
> >

> Plus, we've got a World Cup going on, so we're busy.... ;-)

> --
> ===========
> John Braner

> jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
> http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
> http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner

....or (holiday weekend) those who can afford it
(which isn't me) are away...
From: John Braner on
On 05/07/2010 14:58, Glennbo wrote:
> In news:almarsoft.5382183591091054364(a)news.eternal-september.org the killer
> robot Phoenix<fake(a)fakeemail.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>> > help with any problems.
>>>>

>>> Plus, we've got a World Cup going on, so we're busy.... ;-)
>
>> ...or (holiday weekend) those who can afford it
>> (which isn't me) are away...
>
> While some of us have torn their studios apart and put them back together!
> I started out this weekend trying to chase down a faulty cable that was
> making my headphone amp only play on one side. When I got behind my desk,
> and saw the rats nest of cable I decided it was time to simplify. I
> uncabled most everything and got rid of a bunch of things (like HiFi VCRs,
> DVD players/recorders, casette tape decks, multi-disk CD changers) that had
> audio, video, and AC cables all over the place. I never use any of those
> things any more so I unhooked 'em.
>
> I also decided to move my mixer rack from the left side of my desk to the
> right side, which is much closer to the guitar amp in the closet and
> cocktail drum kit, so my mic cables aren't stretched so tight any more.
> It's taken two days, and my son and I also turned my old DAW (Core 2 Duo)
> into his new machine, and I've still got to take his old machine and
> upgrade my wife's computer with his old mobo and CPU. I did get to try
> recording a little bit of bass and drums to see that my mixer, and
> guitar/bass preamp pedalboards were all functioning. Looks like I have it
> all hooked back up properly, and there is half the rats nest of cable now
> behind my desk! Woo hoo! ;)

I think I'd rather watch the world cup. ;-)
(Do you get any coverage of the games?)

--
===========

From: John Braner on
On 05/07/2010 16:44, John Braner wrote:
> On 05/07/2010 14:58, Glennbo wrote:
>> In news:almarsoft.5382183591091054364(a)news.eternal-september.org the
>> killer
>> robot Phoenix<fake(a)fakeemail.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
>> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> ...or (holiday weekend) those who can afford it
>>> (which isn't me) are away...
>>
>> While some of us have torn their studios apart and put them back
>> together!
>> I started out this weekend trying to chase down a faulty cable that was
>> making my headphone amp only play on one side. When I got behind my desk,
>> and saw the rats nest of cable I decided it was time to simplify. I
>> uncabled most everything and got rid of a bunch of things (like HiFi
>> VCRs,
>> DVD players/recorders, casette tape decks, multi-disk CD changers)
>> that had
>> audio, video, and AC cables all over the place. I never use any of those
>> things any more so I unhooked 'em.
>>
>> I also decided to move my mixer rack from the left side of my desk to the
>> right side, which is much closer to the guitar amp in the closet and
>> cocktail drum kit, so my mic cables aren't stretched so tight any more.
>> It's taken two days, and my son and I also turned my old DAW (Core 2 Duo)
>> into his new machine, and I've still got to take his old machine and
>> upgrade my wife's computer with his old mobo and CPU. I did get to try
>> recording a little bit of bass and drums to see that my mixer, and
>> guitar/bass preamp pedalboards were all functioning. Looks like I have it
>> all hooked back up properly, and there is half the rats nest of cable now
>> behind my desk! Woo hoo! ;)
>>

> I think I'd rather watch the world cup. ;-)
> (Do you get any coverage of the games?)

PS - I'm not really into sports too much - but the world cup is good fun, and it only comes around
every 4 years.

--
===========

From: Phoenix on
On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 13:58:26 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
> all hooked back up properly, and there is half the rats nest of
cable now
> behind my desk! Woo hoo! ;)

My former keyboard player used to call it "the Octopus of Death".
It would be easier to sort out if every frakkin' cable wasn't black,
wouldn't it?
From: Phoenix on

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4