From: dar on
Hello, yes I will have the below fields that you mentioned.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:32:01 -0700, dar <dar(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Yes, managers are 30 days from hire date, clerks are 90 days from hire date.

That's a business rule.

It's not a database rule.

I can see how you would enforce that in your office, but since you have chosen
not to post any information about your tables, I cannot tell how you would
enforce it in a database.

I'd love to be able to help, but I can't unless you tell me what's in your
database!
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: dar on
Sorry about that I am new to this forum.

Tabel: Employee

My fields are:
LName
FName
Hire Date

I would like to set the rule based off of the Hire date.

From: dar on
John i forgot the other fields

Table: Employee
LName
FName
Hire Date
Office Staff 30 days for eligibilty from hire date
Transport 30 days for eligibility from hire date
Manager 30 days for eligibility from hire date
Maint 30 days fro eligibilty from hire date
Clerk 90 days for eligibility from hire date

Will this help?
Thank you John

From: dar on
On my last reply I forgot to put the Eligibility date goes with the info on
put on the titles. Office, transport etc. Eligibility date will be based
off the hire date.