From: joseph.johnson4 on
I have been trying to figure out how to take the number of hours worked field
and multiply it by the hourly wage field in order to get the gross pay, but I
either come up with #Name? or #Error?. The expression that I had been trying
to utilize was =Sum([HoursWorked]*[Hourly Wage]). I had even tried utilizing
the expression =(DateDiff(("n",[TimeIn],[TimeOut])/60)*([Hourly Wage]).
However, when I type that expression in and then go back to the Form View the
box is just blank.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or help to solve the problem that
I am having. I believe that it might have something to do with the
expression, but I am now exactly sure.

Thanks, Joe
From: Jeff Boyce on
Where? Where are you trying to do this?

Have you tried creating a Totals query to generate that value?

More info, please...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"joseph.johnson4" <josephjohnson4(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B7B9B085-8A7D-48FF-B927-33F3641A036F(a)microsoft.com...

From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:15:01 -0700, joseph.johnson4
<josephjohnson4(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have been trying to figure out how to take the number of hours worked field
>and multiply it by the hourly wage field in order to get the gross pay, but I
>either come up with #Name? or #Error?. The expression that I had been trying
>to utilize was =Sum([HoursWorked]*[Hourly Wage]). I had even tried utilizing
>the expression =(DateDiff(("n",[TimeIn],[TimeOut])/60)*([Hourly Wage]).
>However, when I type that expression in and then go back to the Form View the
>box is just blank.
>
>I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or help to solve the problem that
>I am having. I believe that it might have something to do with the
>expression, but I am now exactly sure.
>
>Thanks, Joe

Where are you trying to do this? on a Form? If so, what's the form's
Recordsource? Please open the form in design view, view its properties, and
click the ... icon by the Recordsource; post the SQL view of the query (if
it's a query). It would help to know the datatypes of the fields you mention.

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]