From: Pubkeybreaker on
Join NFS(a)Home! Help finish the Cunningham project, the longest
ongoing computational project in history.
From: Gerry Myerson on
In article
<23ec9c50-c0ed-4f38-a722-de91e30247fd(a)j33g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
Pubkeybreaker <pubkeybreaker(a)aol.com> wrote:

> Join NFS(a)Home! Help finish the Cunningham project, the longest
> ongoing computational project in history.

When you want people to join something,
it's traditional to tell them how.

--
Gerry Myerson (gerry(a)maths.mq.edi.ai) (i -> u for email)
From: Noob on
Gerry Myerson wrote:

> Pubkeybreaker wrote:
>
>> Join NFS(a)Home! Help finish the Cunningham project, the longest
>> ongoing computational project in history.
>
> When you want people to join something, it's traditional to tell them how.

The project description on Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFS(a)Home

The official website
http://escatter11.fullerton.edu/nfs/

Regards.
From: Mok-Kong Shen on
Noob wrote:
> Gerry Myerson wrote:
>
>> Pubkeybreaker wrote:
>>
>>> Join NFS(a)Home! Help finish the Cunningham project, the longest
>>> ongoing computational project in history.
>>
>> When you want people to join something, it's traditional to tell them
>> how.
>
> The project description on Wikipedia
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFS(a)Home
>
> The official website
> http://escatter11.fullerton.edu/nfs/

As I remarked in sci.crypt in a thread (initiated 05.04) of the same
title, there are practical issues (no software to tightly control
the CPU consumption and necessity of constant connection with the
server) that likely renders a participation unattractive for many
people with computers running OS like Windows.

M. K. Shen
From: Pubkeybreaker on
On May 10, 4:51 am, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.s...(a)t-online.de> wrote:
> Noob wrote:
> > Gerry Myerson wrote:

> >> When you want people to join something, it's traditional to tell them
> >> how.
>
> > The project description on Wikipedia
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFS(a)Home
>
> > The official website
> >http://escatter11.fullerton.edu/nfs/
>
> As I remarked in sci.crypt in a thread (initiated 05.04) of the same
> title, there are practical issues (no software to tightly control
> the CPU consumption and necessity of constant connection with the
> server) that likely renders a participation unattractive for many
> people with computers running OS like Windows.

Your reply assumes facts that are contrary to the available evidence.
BOINC supports both Windows and off-line processing. Work
Assignments
are/can be small, so that code only runs for an hour or two, thus
limiting
CPU usage.