From: asf66 on
Dear All,

I deleted the games that came loaded on my pc, Spider Sol, Solitaire,
Minesweeper etc. They are truly gone as they don't appear in the
Windows/System 32 folder. I've looked in the folder, seached all exe files,
they are gone.

Can I copy them off another pc using a thumbdrive, then drag them to the
correct folder in my pc and double click them or try to re-install them by
doing the Add/Remove-Windows Components routine?

Thank you-
asf66
From: SC Tom on

"asf66" <asf66(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>

> I deleted the games that came loaded on my pc, Spider Sol, Solitaire,
> Minesweeper etc. They are truly gone as they don't appear in the
> Windows/System 32 folder. I've looked in the folder, seached all exe
> files,
> they are gone.
>
> Can I copy them off another pc using a thumbdrive, then drag them to the
> correct folder in my pc and double click them or try to re-install them by
> doing the Add/Remove-Windows Components routine?
>
> Thank you-
> asf66

Try cross-posting instead of muti-posting. That way you only have to check
in one place for answers/solutions.
SC Tom

From: bj on
"asf66" <asf66(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I deleted the games that came loaded on my pc, Spider Sol, Solitaire,
> Minesweeper etc. They are truly gone as they don't appear in the
> Windows/System 32 folder. I've looked in the folder, seached all exe
> files,
> they are gone.
>
> Can I copy them off another pc using a thumbdrive, then drag them to the
> correct folder in my pc and double click them or try to re-install them by
> doing the Add/Remove-Windows Components routine?

I'm no expert, so don't bet the farm on this & don't blame me for any
crashes, etc --
During the short time I was using a Vista machine I really missed the old
Solitaire (did *not* like the "improved" version). So I copied sol.exe from
my old XP machine to the Vista & it worked fine, so far as I know.
I didn't even copy it into a special folder, just put it where I wanted it.
bj