From: Christine on
I know how to use the Set Transparent Color option...but that isn't what I
need. I would like to make the the entire image transparent by about 30 or so
percent.

I've bounced around a bit but can't find the correct buttons or pull downs.

I'm using 2007 on XP.

Maybe I should just pull it into Photoshop and do it there...sigh, I was
hoping there would be a quick & easy way!

Christine
From: jpforestier on
Use an animation for that purpose: Emphasis/Transparency. Change 50% to 30%
"Christine" <Christine(a)discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de
news: 01759FC2-99DB-4324-AD32-DAA50B7FAE65(a)microsoft.com...

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <01759FC2-99DB-4324-AD32-DAA50B7FAE65(a)microsoft.com>, Christine
wrote:
> I know how to use the Set Transparent Color option...but that isn't what I
> need. I would like to make the the entire image transparent by about 30 or so
> percent.
>
> I've bounced around a bit but can't find the correct buttons or pull downs.
>
> I'm using 2007 on XP.
>
> Maybe I should just pull it into Photoshop and do it there...sigh, I was
> hoping there would be a quick & easy way!

Insert a shape of the same proportions as your image.

Set the shape's fill to be your picture.

You can now set the fill transparency, which'll alter the transparency of the
image you've used as a fill.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: Christine on
If it was for a presentation I was doing I would try the animation but I'm
handing it over to a client and I want it to be ..um... durable! ;-)

I pulled it into Photoshop and did a 25% PNG of it and brought it back.

It is an image of a simple world map (continents only) and instead of having
the text on the top half of the slide and the map underneath I made
everything full size and put it all on top of each other.

Looks pretty good, hope the client likes it!

Christine

From: Christine on
Thanks Steve...that would have been a TON easier!

It is done for now but I will practice it so it is part of my tool box for
next time! :-)

Christine