From: Lauren Rae on
I recently recieved instructions on how to put together a presentation that
allowed a group of slides to loop and then had other presentations linked in
to allow a flow from one presentation to the other, but when i send the
presentation to others for them to view (and then when the meeting is taking
place it will be viewd through live meeting, etc) the links do not update
because they are found on my desktop. Is there anything I can do to allow
others to view this presentations on a computer other than mine?
Below is the link that provided me with instructions on how to create hte
presentation

http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com/powerpointlooping.htm

I would appreciate any help!!!
-Lauren

From: David Marcovitz on
On 3/15/10 2:46 PM, Lauren Rae wrote:
> I recently recieved instructions on how to put together a presentation that
> allowed a group of slides to loop and then had other presentations linked in
> to allow a flow from one presentation to the other, but when i send the
> presentation to others for them to view (and then when the meeting is taking
> place it will be viewd through live meeting, etc) the links do not update
> because they are found on my desktop. Is there anything I can do to allow
> others to view this presentations on a computer other than mine?
> Below is the link that provided me with instructions on how to create hte
> presentation
>
> http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com/powerpointlooping.htm
>
> I would appreciate any help!!!
> -Lauren

Normally, when linking, you want to make sure that all files are in the
same folder. Try putting them all in the same folder and then relinking
them.
--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
From: Lauren Rae on
David,
Thank you for the reply, I had all of the files in one folder saved on my
desktop. It works if i open up the presentation and click yes to update the
links. But When i sent it to a friend, she recieved an error box indicating
that the links could not be updated.
Is it because it is trying to link to my desktop but cannot?
-Lauren

From: Sandy Johnson on
Lauren Rae, do what David said, but then zip the folder and send the entire
folder via email (not just the single ppt) Bottom line, when linking files,
all files (the master PPT and all the linked assets) must follow together.

Sandy