From: Ed H on
I have OEM lic version of XP, but Dell did not provide a recovery disc.
Could I use another OEM CD from another Dell? Would this be a license
violation???

From: Jose on
On May 31, 12:33 pm, "Ed H" <edandsa...(a)NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote:
> I have OEM lic version of XP, but Dell did not provide a recovery disc.
> Could I use another OEM CD from another Dell? Would this be a license
> violation???

I don't know about that, but Dell is always happy to send you a
replacement set of media:

https://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/backupcd_form%20

Somebody once told me they got theirs in only 2 days.
From: Db on
sometimes disks are
not provided because
the necessary files are
located on the hard disk
in a special / hidden
partition.

however, the execution
of those files will usually
wipe the disk clean and
reinstall windows.

you can check your pc
manual or the home site
for the pc for the method
known as factory restore.

but you can double check
the operating system by
booting into safe mode.

if performance is better in
safe mode,

then you don't have to
reinstall the o.s.
revert the machine
back to the state it
left the compa

db���`�...�><)))�>

DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This NNTP newsgroup is evolving to:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

From: DL on
Generally an oem, same sp version as origonal, from Dell can be used with
your key

From: Daave on
Ed H wrote:
> I have OEM lic version of XP, but Dell did not provide a recovery
> disc. Could I use another OEM CD from another Dell?

Yes.

> Would this be a license violation???

No, provided it's for the same version of XP (e.g., Home or Pro). And
the good news is that because of System-Locked Preinstallation, there is
no need to enter a Product Key.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Ghosts?
Next: Can't access files on 2nd Hard Drive