From: John on
I have 2 hard drives, both with XP Home SP3.

When I am on drive A, I can't access the files in the Documents and Settings
folder of Drive B, I can see them but when I try to open any of them I get
Access Denied error.
From: John John - MVP on
John wrote:
> I have 2 hard drives, both with XP Home SP3.
>
> When I am on drive A, I can't access the files in the Documents and Settings
> folder of Drive B, I can see them but when I try to open any of them I get
> Access Denied error.

This is an NTFS permissions issue, if the folder is marked as "Private"
others will not be able to access them . While logged on to the
installation where you have access to the files right click on the
folder in question and click on Sharing and Security and select an
appropriate security level to allow others to access the files.

John
From: Twayne on
In news:8E63569C-8758-4D00-8E41-CD337CFC377C(a)microsoft.com,
John <John(a)discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I have 2 hard drives, both with XP Home SP3.
>
> When I am on drive A, I can't access the files in the
> Documents and Settings folder of Drive B, I can see them
> but when I try to open any of them I get Access Denied
> error.

Drives A and B are floppy drives. If that's what you really mean, or even if
it isn't, please include a little more detail including a ver-batim typeing
of the error message/s.

If you're on Drive A it would be normal to not see drive B, because for
there to do anything on drive B means you'd have to change out a floppy.
Unless you have two floppy drives. Do you?

Details man, details.

HTH,

Twayne`