From: Learning on
I have a problem that we have Voltage as the standard for the company I work
for, however suppliers are using PGP among other encryption methods, can I
used multiple encryption methods in Outlook 2003.

Basically when emailing internally use Voltage, then externally to a
supplier whatever PGP they use.
--
If we knew everything, what purpose would life serve....errrr we could focus
on making it a better place for everyone!!!
From: VanguardLH on
Learning wrote:

> I have a problem that we have Voltage as the standard for the company I work
> for, however suppliers are using PGP among other encryption methods, can I
> used multiple encryption methods in Outlook 2003.
>
> Basically when emailing internally use Voltage, then externally to a
> supplier whatever PGP they use.

And you can guarantee that the other party also has every encryption
scheme you intend to employ on your host? PGP and Voltage require
installing software. Is everyone else with whom you will exchange
encrypted e-mails also forced to install this same software? The x.509
certificate support in Outlook is also supported in all other e-mail
clients (that have secure e-mail functionality), so just use that.

If you are asking about receiving external e-mails to sending to
external recipients, you had better just use the x.509 cert security.
If you are locked inside a corporate network (even if it uses VPNs to
reach outside their network since the VPN makes those hosts appear on
their network), you don't get a choice and will have to follow whatever
standards you *company* decided that their employees will use on the
company's property (hosts and network). It is unlikely your company
wants you installing PGP if they are using Voltage (or if they chose to
use x.509 encryption with external receipients/senders or by using their
own internal license server to use encryption for internally routed
e-mails). Talk to your IT folks as to what you are supposed to use. It
is likely that they only want you using Voltage. You don't get a choice
of what you install on their property.