From: mario_atallah on
I am trying to use install a custom manufactured HID device on Windows 7
64-bit using winusb.sys.

The device installs perfectly using the windows supported HID driver
(hidclass.sys). However, I want to install the device using winusb.sys.

I've created the driver package (including inf file, coinstallers for 32 and
64-bit OS's, unsigned setup catalog file using inf2cat).

The two main errors in setupapi.log are: "Verifying file against specific
(valid) catalog failed! (0x00000057) Error 87: The parameter is incorrect.
{_VERIFY_FILE_SIGNATURE exit(0x00000057)}" and "Device not started: Device
has problem: 0x0a: CM_PROB_FAILED_START.".

I can see the device in the device manager but it has the yellow exclamation
mark... The error is "The device cannot start (code 10)".

Any idea what is going on wrong? Is it because I am trying to use winusb.sys
while hidclass.sys is already supported? or something else?

From: Maxim S. Shatskih on
> The device installs perfectly using the windows supported HID driver
> (hidclass.sys). However, I want to install the device using winusb.sys.

Ask the hardware guys to patch the device's config descriptors, so it will become incompatible with hidusb.sys

--
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP

From: mario_atallah on
Is there any solution that does not require the harware guys to change
anything in the device? In other words, should the HID device be installed
normally with winusb.sys even if there is already hidclass.sys?