From: jenkinsc99 on
I received this message and found the cause was a .pst file issue. I tried
to fix it in the mail section of the control panel but I could not get the
properties to come up & got errorcode 0x80040600. I found the file name &
tried to run the scanpst.exe on it but it say the file can not be
found......I also tried to create a new data file once I couldn't run
scanpst.exe & it wouldn't let me do that either. Now What?!?!?
From: Gordon on
"jenkinsc99" <jenkinsc99(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I received this message

And what did the message say?

> and found the cause was a .pst file issue. I tried
> to fix it in the mail section of the control panel but I could not get the
> properties to come

So what "pst problem" were you hoping to fix via Control panel?

> up & got errorcode 0x80040600. I found the file name &
> tried to run the scanpst.exe on it but it say the file can not be
> found.....

You probably mis-typed the path.....

>.I also tried to create a new data file once I couldn't run
> scanpst.exe & it wouldn't let me do that either.

So what happened when you tried?

From: jenkinsc99 on

"Gordon" wrote:

> "jenkinsc99" <jenkinsc99(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I received this message
>
> And what did the message say?
Cannot start microsoft outlook. Unable to open the outlook window. The set
folsders could not be opened. The server is not avilable. Contact your
admin if this condition persists.

> > and found the cause was a .pst file issue. I tried
> > to fix it in the mail section of the control panel but I could not get the
> > properties to come
>
> So what "pst problem" were you hoping to fix via Control panel?
I found article #822503 on microsoft that matched the symptom word for word.
The fix on existing installations was to specify the .pst file by using the
mail icon in control panel. Once there I could not get the properties of the
file because I got the error code 0x80040600.

> > up & got errorcode 0x80040600. I found the file name &
> > tried to run the scanpst.exe on it but it say the file can not be
> > found.....
>
> You probably mis-typed the path.....
I am almost 100% sure I did not mistype it, I did it about 10 times allowing
for capitals and spaces even.

From: Gordon on
>> And what did the message say?
> Cannot start microsoft outlook. Unable to open the outlook window. The
> set
> folsders could not be opened. The server is not avilable. Contact your
> admin if this condition persists.

might be a corrupted mail profile. go back to Control Panel - mail and see
if you can create a new profile. If that works, see if you can open the old
pst file from within the new profile.

HTH

From: jenkinsc99 on

"Gordon" wrote:

> "jenkinsc99" <jenkinsc99(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> And what did the message say?
> > Cannot start microsoft outlook. Unable to open the outlook window. The
> > set
> > folsders could not be opened. The server is not avilable. Contact your
> > admin if this condition persists.
> >>

> might be a corrupted mail profile. go back to Control Panel - mail and see
> if you can create a new profile. If that works, see if you can open the old
> pst file from within the new profile.
>
> HTH

Nope, no dice. Still could not open it.