From: Virgina Hernandez on
I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need I willo just go to ebay but I don't know what kind of meory, cards and such are compaitble with my machine. Help please.

Virgina
ghtpl(a)yahoo.com
http://ipods-imacs.com

ifI+__IIvYj?Yv(a)y_P+LOldu=
From: Mark Rae [MVP] on
"Virgina Hernandez" <ghtpl(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole
> lot about it all, especially when
> it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to
> speed this computer up, I would
> like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find
> out what I need I willo just go to ebay
> but I don't know what kind of meory, cards and such are compaitble with my
> machine. Help please.

Not sure how you found your way here but this newsgroup, as its name
suggests is a public newsgroup for discussing Microsoft's Virtual PC
application:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

From: ashvin on

hi..
right click on my computer click on properties.. and let us know how
much ram you got..
PC2-5300 DDR2 this should be specs for your ram.. depending on how much
you want to add
the graphic card is of no use to change or upgrade as it doesnot speed
up a machine but rather give better graphics quality..

Why do you want to upgrade the machine..?? for what purpose you are
using it and what is it not doing?

--
ashvin

:D Just chill
-pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to
fine tune and provide better support..-
From: whs on

Go to 'this site '
(http://www.crucial.com/index.aspx?gclid=clc7ieyzvpccfryenaodgh7jsw&ef_id=1705:3:s_6bb7793def0e1a58cd2af23d4db33704_1771685393:pyvl99bklaoaac96jqyaaaap:20081213201317)and
scan your computer (little blue link in the middle of the page). That
will tell you what your RAM options are and what they cost. For the
graphics, I can suggest 'this one'
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500143&cm_re=9500_gt-_-14-500-143-_-Product).
Is pretty good - but not for very demanding games. But there are, of
course, many other options.
And do yourself a favor and buy from reputable dealers as e.g. the two
I linked and not from a fly by night outfit on Ebay.

--
whs