From: a1k1do via OfficeKB.com on
I have an embedded flash (swf object). Is the anyway with VBA (whilst in show
mode) i can move its position within a slide. It currently is placed in the
lop left corner and I am trying to move it to the top right? It does not need
to be animated in anyway. I know this might be a foolish question but felt
compelled to check before giving up. Thanks.

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <a77eab4ee746b(a)uwe>, A1k1do via OfficeKB.com wrote:
> I have an embedded flash (swf object). Is the anyway with VBA (whilst in show
> mode) i can move its position within a slide. It currently is placed in the
> lop left corner and I am trying to move it to the top right? It does not need
> to be animated in anyway. I know this might be a foolish question but felt
> compelled to check before giving up. Thanks.

In the object model, it'll be represented by a shape. You can change the
shape's .Left and .Top properties to move it around the slide.

You may have to play add'l games to get the slide view to refresh after
changing the coordinates.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: a1k1do via OfficeKB.com on
Hi Again Steve

Actually thinking about it just to toggle a flash objects "visible" property
would be better....

After searching I found this for hiding and showing shapes, it works in show
mode.

I'm just trying to workout how i declare shockwave and then set its property
"visible" = false.

Would i declare a shockwave flash object in a different way?

Sub ShowItAll()
Dim oSld As Slide
Dim oShp As Shape

For Each oSld In ActivePresentation.Slides
For Each oShp In oSld.Shapes
oShp.Visible = True
Next oShp
Next oSld
End Sub

-----

Sub HideMe(oShp As Shape)
oShp.Visible = False
End Sub

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <a7820718ef1ca(a)uwe>, A1k1do via OfficeKB.com wrote:
> Hi Again Steve
>
> Actually thinking about it just to toggle a flash objects "visible" property
> would be better....
>
> After searching I found this for hiding and showing shapes, it works in show
> mode.
>
> I'm just trying to workout how i declare shockwave and then set its property
> "visible" = false.

This'll let your code trigger only with Shockwave objects:

With oShp
If InStr(.OLEFormat.ProgID, "ShockwaveFlash") > 0 Then
.Visible = True ' or false or whichever
End If
End With

From: a1k1do via OfficeKB.com on
Hi Steve

Thanks again. I was declaring "ShockwaveFlash1" being the name rather than
"Shockwave" the object. I'm finally understanding, many thanks for the prompt
reply and example.

Regards