From: greenchile505 on
On Oct 30, 2:08 am, "John H Meyers" <jhmey...(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

> All 48G menus can appear only as menus.

> The green-labeled "app keys"
> (1 thru 9, and top-row CHARS, MODES, MEMORY and STACK)
> lead, however, to menus when left-shifted,
> and to applications (forms) when right-shifted:

> You might find it valuable to download the original
> "HP 48G Series User's Guide"http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=3937http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/docs/misc/hp48gug.zip
> (Complete copy of the eighth edition of the 48G series instruction manual,
> scanned and indexed by Eric Rechlin, with the permission of HP tech support)

Thank you John and Raymond. I spent too much time reading and
searching about FLAGS and missed that in the manual. And thanks to
Eric for indexing the user's guide. Much better than the non-indexed
version I had.

Cheers.
From: Chris on
On 29 Oct, 19:32, rs1n <handuongs...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I rarely ever use any of the graphical interfaces. On occasion, I have
> used the Equation Library. The Equation Library is not only slow
> because it uses a slow GUI, it may also be that its code lies in
> covered ROM makes it even slower. As for SpeedUI, you don't need all
> of it because most of the speedups are for the GUIs. I personally only
> installCF.LIBand UI.LIB (which requiresCF.LIB) for the improved
> stack and faster editor. For everything else, just use the menu system
> instead.

If I install CF.LIB and UI.LIB but then switch back to the four level
stack is data entry improved?

From: Raymond Del Tondo on
"Chris" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On 29 Oct, 19:32, rs1n <> wrote:
>>
>> [..]
>> I personally only install CF.LIB and UI.LIB (which requiresCF.LIB)
>> for the improved stack and faster editor.
>> For everything else, just use the menu system instead.
>
> If I install CF.LIB and UI.LIB but then switch back to the four level
> stack is data entry improved?

Not in the current version of SpeedUI.
The super fast editor is an integral part of the SpeedUI stack interface.
A later version may include stack display font size switching.

But if you also install UF.LIB , you'll have access to the SpeedUI
CMD catalog, the SpeedUI setup input form,
and the SpeedUI EDIT menu, which includes,
amongst other things, the clipboard functionality,
which also works outside of the SpeedUI stack environment.