From: KarenK on
I have already built an extensive file using multiple pivot tables where the
source data is contained within the same workbook; however, due to file size
and several other factors, I now need to separate the source data into its
own file and have all the pivot tables pull from the external source. To
complicate matters, each pivot table has its own chart associated with it.
Is there a way to keep the pivot tables & charts I've already built and just
re-direct them to pull from the external source? From what I can tell so
far, it's not possible. I really don't want to have to redo all the
tables/charts! I've seemed to have exhausted my search so I'm turning to
this group to help! Thanks in advance!
From: Luke M on
I was able to accomplish this by moving (right click on sheet tab,
copy/move) the worksheet containing the source data to another workbook. All
the PivotTables automatically adjusted to follow them.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M