From: Hector Santos on
Peter Olcott wrote:

>> You can't read and that DOCUMENT is a blab of illusions.
>> Tell me how *YOUR PRODJECT* can SQUEEZE more time that is
>> not available to you?
>>
>> 100 TPS === 1000/10ms
>>
>> If you go 1 ms above, you are HOSED.
>
> Yet another respondent that fails to pay attention.
>
> (1) The total processing time for the OCR is estimated at 10
> ms.

You're dreaming. If your process OCR is 10 ms as was and is once
again clearly established, that that leaves you 0 time to do anything
else, including and beginning with the reception of the HTTP request.

> See the word [overhead]? You missed that
>
> (2) The total processing time for the overhead associated
> with this OCR processing is estimated at no more than an
> additional 10 ms.

So, now you have 20 MS? That means you can only do 50 transactions
per second.

> This provides at least 50 transactions per second and
> possibly the whole 100 will remain

Ok, good, so you are now following the simple EQUATION and the table I
provided to you. You are now REDUCING your TPS.

> because of hyperthreading
> allowing aspects of a single transaction to be performance
> concurrently.

Oh shut up. You are putting your foot in your mouth again.

The fact is you FINALLY realize that you can't do this in 10 ms, and
are willing to provide another 10ms and now REALIZE that your TPS is
reduced to 50.

Take it from me, you are still way off. No way you can do this in 20 ms!

Try more like 50-100ms for WHAT FOR YOU want to do.

And again, YOU are thinking in terms of a serialized, equalized
streaming request input. That is NOT reality. The reality is a
distribution. So you need to design for your worst case of getting a
BLAST of request within a X ms time, NO request for Y ms, and the
remainder request for the remainder time within 1 second!

Example distribution:

200 ms --> 25 requests --> 8 ms --> WORKLOAD VIOLATED
500 ms --> 0 requests
300 ms --> 25 requests --> 12 ms --> WORKLOAD VIOLATED

Don't even bother with anything else until YOU got a realistic WORK
TIME per request which will help define what implementations methods
you need.

--
HLS
From: Hector Santos on
Peter Olcott wrote:

> "Hector Santos" <sant9442(a)nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Peter Olcott wrote:
>>
>>> "Hector Santos" <sant9442(a)nospam.gmail.com> wrote in
>>> message news:%23psrlWX2KHA.5660(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

>>> It looks like you are wrong
>>> http://www.kegel.com/c10k.html#top
>>
>> You can't read and that DOCUMENT is a blab of illusions.
>> Tell me how *YOUR PRODJECT* can SQUEEZE more time that is
>> not available to you?
>>
>> 100 TPS === 1000/10ms
>>
>> If you go 1 ms above, you are HOSED.
>>
>> Lets imagine that your great Linux will do every step in
>> its 1 ms clock tick and it is the only process in the OS.
>> In fact, there is no other OS process kernel logic or
>> other anything else to interrupt you.
>>
>> 1ms receive a HTTP request
>> 1ms log http header
>> 1ms save posted data on disk
>> 1ms read HTTP and authenticate via a database
>> 1ms set some status point
>> 1ms delegate it to some queue
>> 1ms wait for a respons <----> OCR process wake up
>> 1ms set status points
>> 1ms read posted file
>> 1ms do image processing
>> 1ms set status points
>> 1ms send response
>> 1ms send HTTP response
>
> I you wouldn't be so rude with me I would tone down my
> criticism of you, but, the above sequence does show a
> enormous degree of ignorance.

No it doesn't. Its reality. You're the one with a whole set of design
assumption based on ignorance. I speak with engineering experience.

The worst case for you is 1 ms PER clock tick on your LINUX system and
the above assumes YOU have FULL attention and that isn't going to be
reality. While some steps can happen far less than 1ms, the major
interface points with the outside world (outside your OCR box), it can
take 1 or more clock ticks!

The reality is YOU will not full attention. You will have interrupts,
especially at each FILE I/O at the most basic level.

You WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO WHAT YOU WANT in 10, 20 ms per
transactions. I say more like at BEST 50-100ms and thats just good
engineering estimating based on all the ENGINEERING you want to do.

We already proved that your memory I/O for 1.5GB will be MORE greater
than 10 ms. You proved it to yourself and admitted how you finally
realized how memory virtualization and fragmentation plays a role and
was not just a figment of everyone's imagination.

You need to get REAL.

--
HLS
From: Peter Olcott on

> Peter Olcott wrote:
>
>> "Hector Santos" <sant9442(a)nospam.gmail.com> wrote in
>> message news:eHBz1FY2KHA.4332(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

>>> You can't read and that DOCUMENT is a blab of illusions.
>>> Tell me how *YOUR PRODJECT* can SQUEEZE more time that
>>> is not available to you?
>>>
>>> 100 TPS === 1000/10ms
>>>
>>> If you go 1 ms above, you are HOSED.
>>>
>>> Lets imagine that your great Linux will do every step in
>>> its 1 ms clock tick and it is the only process in the
>>> OS. In fact, there is no other OS process kernel logic
>>> or other anything else to interrupt you.
>>>
>>> 1ms receive a HTTP request
>>> 1ms log http header
>>> 1ms save posted data on disk
>>> 1ms read HTTP and authenticate via a database
>>> 1ms set some status point
>>> 1ms delegate it to some queue
>>> 1ms wait for a respons <----> OCR process wake
>>> up
>>> 1ms set status points
>>> 1ms read posted file
>>> 1ms do image
>>> processing
>>> 1ms set status points
>>> 1ms send response
>>> 1ms send HTTP response
>>
>> I you wouldn't be so rude with me I would tone down my
>> criticism of you, but, the above sequence does show a
>> enormous degree of ignorance.
>
> No it doesn't. Its reality. You're the one with a whole
> set of design assumption based on ignorance. I speak with
> engineering experience.

Now you are being asinine, If every little thing takes 1 ms,
then it would be at least several days before a machine was
finished rebooting. I guess there is no sense in paying
attention to you any more.

From: Hector Santos on
Peter Olcott wrote:

>> No it doesn't. Its reality. You're the one with a whole
>> set of design assumption based on ignorance. I speak with
>> engineering experience.
>
> Now you are being asinine, If every little thing takes 1 ms,
> then it would be at least several days before a machine was
> finished rebooting. I guess there is no sense in paying
> attention to you any more.

Because YOU can't handle the TRUTH and I keep proving it and even and
every step in this polluted thread. Joe tells you the truth and you
can't handle it. I tell you the truth and you can't handle it.

You have a MANY THREAD to 1 FIFO QUEUE

- IGNORANCE EQUAL PRESSURE

You want to use SQLITE in a WAY it was not designed to work with a
complete unrealistic freedom for read/write I/O that even DESIGNED in
SQLITE:

- IGNORANCE EQUAL PRESSURE

You think that because LINUX allows for 1 ms clock ticks that you can
get 1 ms Unterrupted QUANTUMS. It doesn't mean you can get 1 ms of
real time - but 1 ms of TOTAL time - that is not real time.

- IGNORANCE EQUAL PRESSURE

You think you have FOUR smooth named piping with the ever design
change you have.

- IGNORANCE EQUAL PRESSURE

You think you have control of PAGING and MEMORY VIRTUATION when you go
back and forth on minimizing data lost and maximizing crash recovery:

- IGNORANCE EQUAL PRESSURE

You have no idea of whats going on, you need to buy 10,000 pages worth
of books that you can't follow anyway, and still have a 25 year old OS
book you forgot to read the 2nd half but want to finish it now
thinking it still applies:

- IGNORANCE EQUAL PRESSURE

You think you have control of PAGING and MEMORY VIRTUATION when you go
back and forth on minimizing data lost and maximizing crash recovery:

- IGNORANCE EQUAL PRESSURE

And whats funny about all this, you won't be able to code for THREADS
even thing you go back and forth on whether you will or not. And you
can't code for code memory maps. So its all a PIPED DREAM.

- IGNORANCE EQUAL PRESSURE

--
HLS
From: Peter Olcott on

> Peter Olcott wrote:
>
>>> No it doesn't. Its reality. You're the one with a whole
>>> set of design assumption based on ignorance. I speak
>>> with engineering experience.
>>
>> Now you are being asinine, If every little thing takes 1
>> ms, then it would be at least several days before a
>> machine was finished rebooting. I guess there is no sense
>> in paying attention to you any more.
>

> Because YOU can't handle the TRUTH and I keep proving it
> and even and every step in this polluted thread. Joe
> tells you the truth and you can't handle it. I tell you
> the truth and you can't handle it.
>
> You have a MANY THREAD to 1 FIFO QUEUE
>
> - IGNORANCE EQUAL PRESSURE
>
> You want to use SQLITE in a WAY it was not designed to
> work with a complete unrealistic freedom for read/write
> I/O that even DESIGNED in SQLITE:
>
> - IGNORANCE EQUAL PRESSURE
>
> You think that because LINUX allows for 1 ms clock ticks
> that you can get 1 ms Unterrupted QUANTUMS. It doesn't
> mean you can get 1 ms of real time - but 1 ms of TOTAL
> time - that is not real time.

Like I told Joe it is beginning to look like reading the
10,000 pages of books that I recently bought is going to be
much more efficient and effective in proceeding from here.
One of these books provides the details of internals of the
Linux kernel.