From: Peter Olcott on

"Geoff" <geoff(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 15:19:58 -0400, Hector Santos
> <sant9442(a)nospam.gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Then you misunderstand threading technology. If your
>>> application is
>>> running "a single tight loop" as you claim then spawning
>>> a new thread
>>> for each core in your system with shared memory would
>>> allow SMP to run
>>> them with a massive improvement in response time per
>>> request or to
>>> allow your process to analyze 4 items from the queue
>>> instead of one at
>>> a time. You are wasting 3/4 of your machine.
>>>
>>> It is very clear to me that you are not going to be
>>> convinced by any
>>> discussion and you are not inclined to make changes to
>>> your
>>> "optimized" code, therefore it's a waste of time to
>>> discuss this with
>>> you further.
>>

>>You knows funny about this, about this "intensive"
>>processing and
>>"limits" so constraining, that in Pete's mind, no current
>>computer
>>technology at any level will help, I had to see how
>>"intensive" this
>>really is.
>>
>>I searched, found
>>
>> http://www.freeocr.net/
>>
>>There is already a WEB SITE that does this:
>>
>> http://asv.aso.ecei.tohoku.ac.jp/tesseract/
>>
>>VERY IMPRESSIVE! WITH IMMEDIATE responses!
>>
>>And I downloaded the open source OCR software "Tesseract"
>>at google code:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr
>>
>>and it was pretty impressive in what it can do.
>>
>>This thing is SO simple, any WEB MASTER can run this
>>without any C/C++
>>coding, just run the already compile EXE as a CGI. I was
>>seeing 1 to
>>2 seconds of processing time or less for full paragraphs
>>of text images.
>>
>>I'm sure Peter will say his patented DFA/OCR process is
>>more intensive
>>and better, that it can't be run more than once!
>
> Open source, unpatented, free. Easy setup. In a variety of
> languages.
> Beautiful.

Find a system that can consistently process any PNG image
of a PDF file (including Chinese) with 100% accuracy, and
you have found a viable competitor for my technology. As
far as I can tell any such system would necessarily infringe
my patent.

From: Geoff on
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 21:47:48 -0500, "Peter Olcott"
<NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote:

> Find a system that can consistently process any PNG image
>of a PDF file (including Chinese) with 100% accuracy, and
>you have found a viable competitor for my technology. As
>far as I can tell any such system would necessarily infringe
>my patent.

LMFAO! If I have a PDF file what need do I have to scan it and make a
PNG out of it? A PDF is PORTABLE DOCUMENT FORMAT and contains all the
data I need to convert it directly.
From: Hector Santos on
Geoff wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 21:47:48 -0500, "Peter Olcott"
> <NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote:
>
>> Find a system that can consistently process any PNG image
>> of a PDF file (including Chinese) with 100% accuracy, and
>> you have found a viable competitor for my technology. As
>> far as I can tell any such system would necessarily infringe
>> my patent.
>>

> LMFAO! If I have a PDF file what need do I have to scan it and make a
> PNG out of it? A PDF is PORTABLE DOCUMENT FORMAT and contains all the
> data I need to convert it directly.

This guy is something, huh?

If you have a PNG image "snapshot", the source of the "snapshot" is no
longer in question!

In addition, a PNG can be converted to any other image format for the
any other OCR process to work on. The TESSERACT system based on 1980s
HP work show numerous xamples of converting any image format to TIFF
first before OCRing it.

In fact, there are numerous mobile phone examples where it takes a
image of any VIEW you are looking at, whether its document or the
newspaper or SIGN on the street, OCRing it and auto google a search.
I just the one done for Android

http://www.bitquill.net/trac/wiki/Android/OCR

Microsoft is doing it too, and an iPhone developer is doing it which
was on CNN a few weeks back.

--
HLS