From: Peter Olcott on

"Geoff" <geoff(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 21:47:48 -0500, "Peter Olcott"
> <NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote:
>
>> Find a system that can consistently process any PNG
>> image
>>of a PDF file (including Chinese) with 100% accuracy, and
>>you have found a viable competitor for my technology. As
>>far as I can tell any such system would necessarily
>>infringe
>>my patent.
>>

> LMFAO! If I have a PDF file what need do I have to scan it
> and make a
> PNG out of it? A PDF is PORTABLE DOCUMENT FORMAT and
> contains all the
> data I need to convert it directly.

I will rephrase try and find any technology that can
consistently provide 100% accurate recognition of any screen
resolution glyphs and you will only find technology that
infringes my patent. All of the technology that calls itself
OCR is fundamentally different than OCR4Screen.

As it turns out the glyph rendering used in PDF files, and
several Unix interfaces and the Apple OS X is far more
complex than glyphs rendered by Microsoft technology. Very
few technologies can provide any accuracy at all even on the
much simpler MS ClearType glyph rendering.