From: Hector Santos on
Peter Olcott wrote:

> "Geoff" <geoff(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 21:47:48 -0500, "Peter Olcott"
>> <NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Find a system that can consistently process any PNG
>>> image
>>> of a PDF file (including Chinese) with 100% accuracy, and
>>> you have found a viable competitor for my technology. As
>>> far as I can tell any such system would necessarily
>>> infringe
>>> my patent.
>>>
>> LMFAO! If I have a PDF file what need do I have to scan it
>> and make a
>> PNG out of it? A PDF is PORTABLE DOCUMENT FORMAT and
>> contains all the
>> data I need to convert it directly.
>
> I will rephrase try and find any technology that can
> consistently provide 100% accurate recognition of any screen
> resolution glyphs and you will only find technology that
> infringes my patent.

First, you don't have an patent on achieving 100% OCR accuracy.

Second, you have VAPORWARE, so you got nothing so there is nothing to
infringe. PATENT TROLL.

Third, based on your lack of technical experience and programming
ability, the odds are very high you obtain whatever secrets you think
you have from others. I doubt you have anything original.

> All of the technology that calls itself
> OCR is fundamentally different than OCR4Screen.

But you are the johnny come late to the OCR party by nearly 25 years!
You have no product or anything to show that you even have something
working at all. There are literally thousands of OCR vendors and free
software. You are so late to the party, HP gave up their OCR
technology to the public long ago and people are MOVE on with it!

Here's the thing:

I am convince you have a frivolous patent and that you have no
enforcing patent. It is so weak, no one waste the time to challenge
it. But if you being to pest OCR people, they will challenge you. As
best, all I can see you did was use DFA as a method and since this is
a mathematical formula, its not patentable! You have not been
challenge and the USPTO failed to invalidate the patent because NO ONE
bothered. Once you bother people, you will lose it!

--
HLS