From: Stefan Klinger on
Hallo NG,

i'm replacing a Win SBS 2003 to many 2008 Server like seperatly DC,
Exchange, Application and so on. Now i regonized, that on the sbs is the
companyweb website installed. Can i move / migrate it to an standard Server?
And how can i do that?

Many Thanks for all answers.

Thanks
Stefan Klinger
From: Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] on
Its a standard Windows Sharepoint Services 2.0 site
You might check the technet library for the documentation on migrating from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008. It would basically be the same procedure

--
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed

From: Robert Crane Robert on
Stefan,

Yes you can. Itcan be done via a number of methods but youcan't simply
backup from v2 and restore to v3. So:

Option 1:

Install Sharepoint v2 on new server, restore existing companyweb data here
and then do an inplace upgrade to v3

Option 2:

Install Sharepoint v3 on new server and do a database swing from v2
databases. This is similiar to the method detailed in the Microsoft migration
from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008. Basically, on new v3 server you detach default
databases and attach v2 databases which are converted during the process.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Robert Crane
www.ciaops.com