From: Nicholas Geti on
I have a client who swears that when she clicks on a folder shortcut on the
desktop, it will make shortcut of each subfolder and drop them on the
desktop. Is this possible?

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 18:13:33 -0500, "Nicholas Geti"
<ngeti(a)optonline.net> wrote:

> I have a client who swears that when she clicks on a folder shortcut on the
> desktop, it will make shortcut of each subfolder and drop them on the
> desktop. Is this possible?

No. She is either mistaken, or she has some very strange piece of
software running.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Unknown on
Malware can do 'most anything.

From: Twayne on
In news:4b71ec1a$0$31257$607ed4bc(a)cv.net,
Nicholas Geti <ngeti(a)optonline.net> typed:
> I have a client who swears that when she clicks on a folder shortcut
> on the desktop, it will make shortcut of each subfolder and drop them
> on the desktop. Is this possible?

It shouldn't. But depending on what program/s the shortcut is running,
malware could be doing it. It's probably quickest to delete that shortcut
and make a new one for whatever program it is that she wants to run.

Personally, I'd like to see what it says in that shortcut when you right
click on Properties and view the Shortcut tab, and the test in the "Target"
box. That would tell a lot, maybe enough to pin it down, maybe not.

HTH,

Twayne

--
Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a

Pages: 1
Prev: NEED HELP--unknown & ken
Next: NEED HELP--shenan