From: rf on
dorayme wrote:
> In article <a414c$4b8db825$414ebc3d$22230(a)EVERESTKC.NET>,
> Mark Hansen <meh(a)NOSPAM.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/2/2010 4:55 PM, dorayme wrote:
>>>>

>>> Bottom line is you have some problem with a border I take it? How
>>> about ftping a simple html doc showing the problem to a server.
>>> There are many free servers you can use where this is simple. You
>>> ftp the files to them and we can see the webpage concerned.
>>>

>> Not me, but I'll assume you meant that for the OP :)
>
> Yes, sorry... I am the thing that mistook a responder for an OP,
> not by a long shot as hilarious as mistaking a hat for a wife.

Hats and wives are easy to differentiate. You can hang a hat on the coat
rack.

From: David Stone on
In article <i8mjn.10857$pv.367(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
"rf" <rf(a)z.invalid> wrote:
> dorayme wrote:
[snip]

> > Yes, sorry... I am the thing that mistook a responder for an OP,
> > not by a long shot as hilarious as mistaking a hat for a wife.
>
> Hats and wives are easy to differentiate. You can hang a hat on the coat
> rack.

Ordinarily, yes. I believe, however, that dorayme was referring to
Oliver Sacks' book, "The man who mistook his wife for a hat and other
clinical tales" (http://books.google.ca/books?id=rCoi4ciR-Y8C)

- on my list of 'books I'd like to read when I finally have time'
(Although I did recently manage to read - very quickly, as it
turned out - "Look Me In The Eye". I seem to know a few people
like that! Recommended.)
From: Josiah Jenkins on
On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 15:45:36 -0800 (PST), semicodin <byte.this(a)usa.net>
wrote:

>On Mar 1, 5:03�pm, dorayme <doraymeRidT...(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>> In article
>> <a41b9441-b309-4d67-8feb-055cf4080...(a)c37g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
>>
>> How about a URL that actually works?
>>
>> dorayme
>
>Hi dorayme, Josiah and Gus. Yeah sorry about that, Tony helped me
>clean it up over on CSSCreator and I didn't get a chance to pop back
>in here and update it. The final version is at
>http://sites.google.com/site/semicodin/ohTHAT/bracket/semi99999_FINAL.html
>and the drafts have been removed to cut down on clutter.

I get the same error message as previously !

--

http://www.ian-stewart.eu
From: dorayme on
In article
<no.email-7C9462.09435203032010(a)news1.chem.utoronto.ca>,
David Stone <no.email(a)domain.invalid> wrote:

> In article <i8mjn.10857$pv.367(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> "rf" <rf(a)z.invalid> wrote:
> > dorayme wrote:
> [snip]
> > >
> > > Yes, sorry... I am the thing that mistook a responder for an OP,
> > > not by a long shot as hilarious as mistaking a hat for a wife.
> >
> > Hats and wives are easy to differentiate. You can hang a hat on the coat
> > rack.
>
> Ordinarily, yes. I believe, however, that dorayme was referring to
> Oliver Sacks' book, "The man who mistook his wife for a hat and other
> clinical tales" (http://books.google.ca/books?id=rCoi4ciR-Y8C)

Indeed.

When the cats were alive around this joint here, I often would
mistake a boot or a box for one of them (the dark shape in
peripheral vision). What was more creepy was this happening after
they died: 'mistaking a boot for a dead cat'.

--
dorayme
From: semicodin on
I have no idea what's up with the "long URL strings" that some have
reported. Here is the string, broken up so you can see it:
htt
p://sites.google.co
m/site/semicodin/ohTHAT/bracket/semi99999_FINAL.html

The only thing I can surmise is that Google is adding garbage to the
end of the link. Sorry, I have no control over that. The link should
work, nonetheless.

Here's the vault again:

http://sites.google.com/site/semicodin
or
http://sites.google.com/site/semicodin/ohTHAT
or
http://sites.google.com/site/semicodin/ohTHAT/bracket
or
http://sites.google.com/site/semicodin/ohTHAT/bracket/semi99999_FINAL.html
>> which is a STORED FILE so the appearance isn't mangled by Google.
or
http://sites.google.com/site/semicodin/ohTHAT/bracket/semi99999_FINAL.txt
>> which is a STORED FILE anyone can use as an alternative if it gives
them grief to open the html in a new browser window.

semi