From: fab on
Lusotec <nomail(a)nomail.not> wrote:
> Try a higher verbose level (3 or higher) to see if some clue emerges.
> cdrdao blank -v 3

I tried cdrdao blank -v 99 but it didn't give anything new!

> Also try the "cdrdao drive-info" to see if the drive's capabilities are
> correctly detected.

$ cdrdao drive-info -v 99
Cdrdao version 1.2.1 - (C) Andreas Mueller <andreas(a)daneb.de>
SCSI interface library - (C) Joerg Schilling
Paranoia DAE library - (C) Monty

Check http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/drives.html#dt for current driver tables.
Format converter enabled for extensions: mp3 ogg

SCSI: max DMA: 64512
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'
Using libscg transport code version 'schily-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.83'

/dev/cdrecorder: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T40N Rev: JR03
Reading driver table from file "/usr/share/cdrdao/drivers".
Found 316 valid driver table entries.
Using driver: Generic SCSI-3/MMC - Version 2.0 (options 0x0000)

Maximum reading speed: 4234 kB/s
Current reading speed: 4234 kB/s
Maximum writing speed: 4234 kB/s
Current writing speed: 4234 kB/s
BurnProof supported: yes
JustLink supported: no
JustSpeed supported: no

Seems ok...

I'm really puzzled, I blew on the lens in the case it was because of
dust, but no success...

--
F. Delente
From: Lusotec on
fab(a)slick.airforce-one.org wrote:
> Lusotec <nomail(a)nomail.not> wrote:
>> Try a higher verbose level (3 or higher) to see if some clue emerges.
>> cdrdao blank -v 3
>
> I tried cdrdao blank -v 99 but it didn't give anything new!
>
>> Also try the "cdrdao drive-info" to see if the drive's capabilities are
>> correctly detected.
>
> $ cdrdao drive-info -v 99
> Cdrdao version 1.2.1 - (C) Andreas Mueller <andreas(a)daneb.de>
> SCSI interface library - (C) Joerg Schilling
> Paranoia DAE library - (C) Monty
>
> Check http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/drives.html#dt for current driver
> tables. Format converter enabled for extensions: mp3 ogg
>
> SCSI: max DMA: 64512
> Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'
> Using libscg transport code version 'schily-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.83'
>
> /dev/cdrecorder: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T40N Rev: JR03
> Reading driver table from file "/usr/share/cdrdao/drivers".
> Found 316 valid driver table entries.
> Using driver: Generic SCSI-3/MMC - Version 2.0 (options 0x0000)
>
> Maximum reading speed: 4234 kB/s
> Current reading speed: 4234 kB/s
> Maximum writing speed: 4234 kB/s
> Current writing speed: 4234 kB/s
> BurnProof supported: yes
> JustLink supported: no
> JustSpeed supported: no
>
> Seems ok...

Yep, all is OK, except the not working part. Maybe not a software problem.

> I'm really puzzled, I blew on the lens in the case it was because of
> dust, but no success...

Try using a LiveCD or another OS to test if the problem in not with the
hardware. Also, you probably have tried this but have you tested blanking
other CD-RWs?

Regards.

From: fab on
Lusotec <nomail(a)nomail.not> wrote:
> Try using a LiveCD or another OS to test if the problem in not with the
> hardware.

Good idea.

> Also, you probably have tried this but have you tested blanking
> other CD-RWs?

Yes I have, and no, it didn't work.

Thanks.

--