From: Peter Foldes on
Huh ?

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: Peter Foldes on
Andrew

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q307545

From: Unknown on
Did you lose your marbles?

From: Andrew Stucken on
Thanks for the replies so far.

A little feedback: I ran checkisk /r but it never completed the check - got
as far as 75%.

Meanhile after disabling automatic restart I get the "Blue Screen opf Death"
with the following error message: "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" and Technical
Information:

STOP: 0x000000ED (0x8A553030), 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Does this still mean that I need the registry fix?

TIA

Andrew

From: Mark Adams on

"Andrew Stucken" wrote:

> Thanks for the replies so far.
>
> A little feedback: I ran checkisk /r but it never completed the check - got
> as far as 75%.
>
> Meanhile after disabling automatic restart I get the "Blue Screen opf Death"
> with the following error message: "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" and Technical
> Information:
>
> STOP: 0x000000ED (0x8A553030), 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
>
> Does this still mean that I need the registry fix?
>
> TIA
>
> Andrew

Looks like you may need a new hard drive. See the following link:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xprepair/thread/e36f8845-7856-4432-94b2-b8a69a33c407/

Go to the website of the maker of your hard drive and download their disk
checking utilities. Burn to CD. Boot from the utility CD and let it check the
drive. If it fails the test, replace the drive. Pray that you have a backup
image of your system. Let us know how the test goes.

> "Peter Foldes" wrote:
>
> > Andrew
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q307545
> >
> > --
> > Peter
> >
> > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
> > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
> >
> > "Andrew Stucken" <Andrew Stucken(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I cannot boot into Windows XP.
> > >
> > > I get as far as the screen which offers various startup options such as Safe
> > > Mode etc. It then keep going round in circles - returning to the beginning,
> > > the BIOS initiating, but never as far as Windows loading.
> > >
> > > I don't understand how this happened - the issue arise after I tried to burn
> > > a picture to CD, and the process got stuck. I think that I removed the CD
> > > prematurely.
> > >
> > > How can I get Windows to boot? It seems from using Recovery Console commands
> > > that there is no master boot record.
> >
> > .

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Trial Message
Next: advantages of Internet Explorer 8 ?