From: JLatham on
Some things to try:
Go ahead and get into it with [Debug] and then go back to the main window
and click the disk icon to save the file, or attempt plain old File --> Save.

Or maybe once you get into the debug mode, you can add an Exit Sub line of
code just below the line you interrupted it in?

From: JLGWhiz on
Maybe you could share with us the type of macro you are running. i.e. Sheet
event, control event, etc. Whatever event, if you can get it to debug, you
can stop it without losing anything by commenting it out. If all else fails
Ctrl + Alt +Del will definitely stop it, but you will lose data.

From: msnyc07 on
Thanks all. Excel finally crashed, which it seems to like to do several
times a week, functions or not. Pretty much tired of it as it is next to
impossible to recreate my work.