From: Lewis on
I went past license grace period for Remote Desktop. However, I only need 1
connection for remote admin of the server.

When I connect I used to get problem with license protocol message.

I configured a licensing server but this was the wrong thing to do.

Now, I get the error saying there are no licensing servers to connect to.

But, for 1 concurrent connection I should not need any licenses.

How do I fix this?

The exact message is:

The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop
License Servers available to provide a license. Please contact the server
administrator.

---
This is a twisty dark passage. There is no documentation whatever on this.
From: Shagun Sharma Tamta [MSFT] Shagun Sharma Tamta on

From: Shagun Sharma Tamta [MSFT] on
Did you try deleting your temporary license key from Client machine from path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing\Store\LICENSE00x. Per my
understanding client presents this to terminal server to upgrade it to
permanent CAL. And from Terminal Server, License Server name can be removed.

Thanks,
Shagun

From: Vera Noest on
Neither deleting the temporary license from the client nor clearing
the Licensing Server name from the Terminal Services Configuration
will solve the problem.

Lewis, since you only need a single administrative connection, all
you have to do is to uninstall the Terminal Services role from the
server. Don't forget to check that Remote Desktop for
Administration is still enabled before you restart the server.
Vera Noest
Remote Desktop Services troubleshooting
http://ts.veranoest.net

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhZ3VuIFNoYXJtYSBUYW10YSBbTVNGVF0=?=
<ShagunSharmaTamtaMSFT(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 30 apr
2010 in microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services: