From: XS11E on
The title pretty much says it all, Q2009 deluxe and now Q010 deluxe
will NOT show the entire transaction list when I select "match
manually" on a downloaded transaction.

Earlier versions showed the whole transaction list and I could select
the proper transaction which might be a bit different, such as one day
off on the date (date I wrote the check as opposed to the date the bank
recorded it, etc.) so I have a duplicate transaction for about 25% of
my downloaded transactions.

Any way I can fix this? What I need is for Quicken to show the whole
transaction list for manually matching as earlier versions did, not
just some of them.

NOTE: It's not all that hard to delete all the duplicates when I
reconcile an account but I didn't have to do that with earlier
versions.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
From: John Pollard on
XS11E wrote:
> The title pretty much says it all, Q2009 deluxe and now Q010 deluxe
> will NOT show the entire transaction list when I select "match
> manually" on a downloaded transaction.
>
> Earlier versions showed the whole transaction list and I could select
> the proper transaction which might be a bit different, such as one day
> off on the date (date I wrote the check as opposed to the date the
> bank recorded it, etc.) so I have a duplicate transaction for about
> 25% of my downloaded transactions.
>
> Any way I can fix this? What I need is for Quicken to show the whole
> transaction list for manually matching as earlier versions did, not
> just some of them.

I don't believe Quicken ever showed the "whole transaction list for
manually matching".

The transactions available for Manual Match were the same transactions
available for "Match" ... transactions that had never been downloaded
(either as "New" transactions, or "Match"ed by downloaded transactions).

Transactions that Quicken believed had been downloaded before were not
available for matching.

I have seen no evidence that this concept has changed.

[Q2008 Premier, Q2009 RPM, and Q2010 RPM.]

--

John Pollard

From: XS11E on
"John Pollard" <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> Any way I can fix this? What I need is for Quicken to show the
>> whole transaction list for manually matching as earlier versions
>> did, not just some of them.
>
> I don't believe Quicken ever showed the "whole transaction list
> for manually matching".

To me, this is new behavior. Prior versions (not sure when it changed
but certainly Q08 and earlier.) would show the entire transaction list
when I selected manual match.

If I download a payment to a company that Quicken couldn't match,
rather than accept the duplicate I could select edit/manual match and
scan back through the *entire* register, now I select edit/manual match
and see only a very few transactions, none of which are in any way
related to the one I'm trying to find so I click accept, go back to the
date and delete the duplicate. It's a PITA.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
From: XS11E on
XS11E <xs11eNO(a)SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

> "John Pollard" <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Any way I can fix this? What I need is for Quicken to show the
>>> whole transaction list for manually matching as earlier versions
>>> did, not just some of them.
>>
>> I don't believe Quicken ever showed the "whole transaction list
>> for manually matching".
>
> To me, this is new behavior. Prior versions (not sure when it
> changed but certainly Q08 and earlier.) would show the entire
> transaction list when I selected manual match.
>
> If I download a payment to a company that Quicken couldn't match,
> rather than accept the duplicate I could select edit/manual match
> and scan back through the *entire* register, now I select
> edit/manual match and see only a very few transactions, none of
> which are in any way related to the one I'm trying to find so I
> click accept, go back to the date and delete the duplicate. It's
> a PITA.

And I still need a fix, anyone?

The Usenet Improvement Project:
From: John Pollard on
XS11E wrote:
> XS11E <xs11eNO(a)SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

>>> I don't believe Quicken ever showed the "whole transaction list
>>> for manually matching".
>>
>> To me, this is new behavior. Prior versions (not sure when it
>> changed but certainly Q08 and earlier.) would show the entire
>> transaction list when I selected manual match.
>>
>> If I download a payment to a company that Quicken couldn't match,
>> rather than accept the duplicate I could select edit/manual match
>> and scan back through the *entire* register, now I select
>> edit/manual match and see only a very few transactions, none of
>> which are in any way related to the one I'm trying to find so I
>> click accept, go back to the date and delete the duplicate. It's
>> a PITA.

> And I still need a fix, anyone?

And (despite the fact that you don't believe me) the "fix" is to tell
Quicken that none of your existing transactions were ever downloaded.

And the only way to do that is to right-click each register transaction
(that doesn't appear in the Manual Match dialog), hold CTRL while
left-clicking "Copy transaction(s), then uncheck "Downloaded Transaction",
and clear the "Posting Date" field.

Enjoy.

--

John Pollard