From: Phillip on
I have the Windows firewall turned off (even disabled the service) on both the host and the virtual machine.

1) I can ping any other machine on the network from within the virtual machine.

2) I can ping the virtual machine from the host machine.

3) I CANNOT ping the virtual machine from any other machine on the network.

Any ideas? I tried setting the gateway to the IP of the host machine, but that didn't work.

JohnB wrote:

Re: Can't ping Virtual PC
10-Apr-08

Never mind, I figured it out. Windows Firewall was blocking it.

"JohnB" <jbrigan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

On Thursday, April 10, 2008 5:52 PM
JohnB wrote:

Can't ping Virtual PC
I have a small home network that I am testing VPC on. From the VPC I can
ping any computer on the network and I can browse the internet. I cannot
ping the VPC from any PC on the network and, I cannot ping the VPC from the
router, the same router that the VPC gets it's DHCP address from. I've done
a IP release and renew and that didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks.

On Thursday, April 10, 2008 6:22 PM
JohnB wrote:

Re: Can't ping Virtual PC
Never mind, I figured it out. Windows Firewall was blocking it.

"JohnB" <jbrigan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

..NET TreeView - Databinding Windows Forms
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/bad36d06-340d-42ae-acc3-381add23c681/net-treeview--databindi.aspx