From: PSRumbagh on
I can not post a question to MS communities after signing on to MS
communities with IE8 through Charter High Speed cable internet. I get a
double clicking sound but no post window. However, if I sign on through AOL
9.1 everything works OK. Why can't I and what do I do to post to MS
communities through IE8? With IE8 I can read questions and answers in the MS
communities. This post is through AOL 9.1.
From: LDS5ZRA on
I don't know about using MS Communities via IE8 but have you tried
using Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express or any other
Newsreaders? I suggest click on this link to see if you can get
any messages from this newsgroup in your newsreader:

Let us know what happens.

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LDS5ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LDS5ZRA 2010.
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3?

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your

it)?
--
IE-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: PSRumbagh on
IE8 was regarding the "question window" as a pop-up. Enabling allow pop-ups
for this web site solved the problem. Also, I notice that I don't get an
Email notifying me of replies even when I check the "notify me of replies"
box. I check both regular and spam Email for the notification. The function
used to work up to about 6 months ago.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Start here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help#148