From: Lucas van Vloten on
I am using Outlook 2010 beta on Windows Vista. I am using a shared Exchange
mailbox for which I have 'Owner' permissions. I can do everything I like
including sending mail from this address and creating and removing folders.
Under the 'Inbox' there is an extensive folder structure, up to 2 levels
deep. Although there are more people authorized to use this mailbox, and may
have it included in their active Outlook profile, as far as I know I am the
only one who is actively using it.

I can rename a folder under the Inbox and move mail in and out. When I read
the mailbox name in Visual Basic I see the new name. However, after a few
minutes the mailbox will always revert to its old name. There is no way to
rename a folder, the only solution I can think of is to make a new folder and
move all mail and delete the old folder. But this is very annoying...

This problem already happened when I was using Outlook 2007 on the same
computer.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

Thanks,
Lucas
From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"Lucas van Vloten" <LucasvanVloten(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I can rename a folder under the Inbox and move mail in and out. When I read
> the mailbox name in Visual Basic I see the new name. However, after a few
> minutes the mailbox will always revert to its old name. There is no way to
> rename a folder, the only solution I can think of is to make a new folder
> and
> move all mail and delete the old folder. But this is very annoying...

Ask programming questions in microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

> This problem already happened when I was using Outlook 2007 on the same
> computer.

You can't have more than one version of Outlook installed in the same
partition.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]