From: sarky on

"dalia" wrote:

> I'll appreciate any help...

I also have this problem though it is occassionally. It does not matter
where I visit when surfing from home it could be a social network site, an
academic site or even a news group. Suddenly the browser freezes and closing
it down to open a fresh window is a complete waste of my time. Pressing F5
does nothing. Prior to the automatic loading of this update I had absolutely
no problems.
From: John on
Just want to add that I had this problem with Win7 64bit. After installing
and rebooting my web browsers (any an all) started freezing up and locking up
the whole system. My PC became unusable. I uninstalled the update and
everything went back to normal so as of now the update is still in my list
but I won't be installing it due to its crippling effect.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
John wrote:
> Just want to add that I had this problem with Win7 64bit. After installing
> and rebooting my web browsers (any an all) started freezing up and locking
> up the whole system. My PC became unusable. I uninstalled the update and
> everything went back to normal so as of now the update is still in my list
> but I won't be installing it due to its crippling effect.

How come 99.9% of those who installed KB980182 have NOT experienced such
problems?

From: alex3410 on

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> John wrote:
> > Just want to add that I had this problem with Win7 64bit. After installing
> > and rebooting my web browsers (any an all) started freezing up and locking
> > up the whole system. My PC became unusable. I uninstalled the update and
> > everything went back to normal so as of now the update is still in my list
> > but I won't be installing it due to its crippling effect.
>
> How come 99.9% of those who installed KB980182 have NOT experienced such
> problems?
>
> .

hopefuly it will be 99.98% as i have been having the same problems after
this update going to remove it now and cross my fingers it solves the problem
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
alex3410 wrote:
>>> Just want to add that I had this problem with Win7 64bit. After
>>> installing
>>> and rebooting my web browsers (any an all) started freezing up and
>>> locking
>>> up the whole system. My PC became unusable. I uninstalled the update and
>>> everything went back to normal so as of now the update is still in my
>>> list
>>> but I won't be installing it due to its crippling effect.
>>
>> How come 99.9% of those who installed KB980182 have NOT experienced such
>> problems?
>>
> hopefuly it will be 99.98% as i have been having the same problems after
> this update going to remove it now and cross my fingers it solves the
> problem

=====================================

(and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in
Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB980182).

LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE
(e.g., KB980182), call the above number and ask to be transferred to the
Consumer IE7 queue (which is 47830).

Consumer Security Support home page & Microsoft Update Solution Center also
offer support options
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.

Or you can...