From: tedr on
tedr had written this in response to
http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Re-Can-t-unlink-brokerage-and-checking-16821-.htm
:

-------------------------------------
Marv wrote:

> John Pollard wrote:
>> Marv wrote:

>>> The help screen is as follows:
>>>
>>> *************************
>>> What if my investment account and my checking account are
>>> linked? Can
>>> I delete just one?
>>> Before you can delete either account, you'll need to unlink
>>> them. To
>>> do this:
>>>
>>> Choose Tools menu > Account List.
>>> Select the investment account you would like to unlink and
>>> click Edit.
>>> On the General Information tab, select 'No' next to 'Show cash
>>> in a
>>> checking account.'
>>> **************
>>

>> There's a missing word there ("Details" - it's missing
>> from the Help), but
>> if you do it as follows, you should get to the right place.
>>
>> Tools > Account List > (select) the investment account to
>> unlink > Edit
>> Details > General Information (if you're not on the General
>> Information tab
>> by default)
>>

>> An alternative approach to the same end:
>>
>> Select the investment account in the Account Bar, then click the
>> Overview
>> tab, then click the Edit Account Details button in the Account
>> Attributes
>> pane, then click the General Information tab (if your not on the
>> General
>> Information tab by default).
>>

>> Either approach should get you to the same place: the
>> "Account Details"
>> dialog. There (on the General Information tab), you should see
>> the option
>> to: "Show cash in a checking account". You should click
>> the "No" radio
>> button.
>>
>>> There is no choice on my screen corresponding to "select
>>> No next to
>>> Show cash in a checking account." I therefore can go no
>>> further.
>>
>> The word "select" and the words "next to" are
>> not part of the text that
>> identifies the option to link/unlink a checking account from an
>> investment
>> account. See my previous paragraph.
>>

>> I tried to send you a copy of the screen that came up with either of
> the
> approaches that you suggested, but it seems I don't know how to do
> that.

> In any event there is no "Show cash in a checking account"
> item and
> therefore no corresponding radio button.

> I find it unfathomable that my screens are so different from yours.

I am having the exact same problem with one of my accounts after importing
from Microsoft Money. I have several 403(b) accounts that had linked cash
accounts in Microsoft Money. They imported along with the cash accounts
and I was able to unlink all of them in the usual way except for one. For
that one account, the option to unlink does not appear as the above user
reported. I've tried to think of why this might be the case, but I don't
see anything special about this account that would prevent the cash
account from being unlinked. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ted

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 21000 messages and counting!
From: tedr on
tedr had written this in response to
http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Re-Can-t-unlink-brokerage-and-checking-21613-.htm
:

-------------------------------------
tedr wrote:

> [...]

>> therefore no corresponding radio button.

>> I find it unfathomable that my screens are so different from
>> yours.

> I am having the exact same problem with one of my accounts after
> importing
> from Microsoft Money. I have several 403(b) accounts that had linked
> cash
> accounts in Microsoft Money. They imported along with the cash accounts
> and I was able to unlink all of them in the usual way except for one.
> For
> that one account, the option to unlink does not appear as the above
> user
> reported. I've tried to think of why this might be the case, but I
> don't
> see anything special about this account that would prevent the cash
> account from being unlinked. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Just for posterity, I figured out that the problem in my case was that (at
least some) accounts that have been set up for on-line access cannot be
unlinked from their cash accounts. Once I disabled the on-line access, I
suddenly had the option to unlink the cash account. After unlinking, I was
able to successfully re-enable the on-line access again.

Ted

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 21047 messages and counting!

Pages: 1
Prev: No sounds?
Next: Missing 401k employer match