From: John Oliver on
My employer match to my 401(k) kicked in this year. I neglected to
enter it into my paycheck in Quicken until after the first pay period
had come and gone. When I go back and manually enter one, the amount is
deducted from my checking account. I've looked at automatically-entered
transactions, and what I did was identical to them. They all specified
my checking account as the source of the money, but there are no
concurrent deductions, as it should be. The only difference is a Memo
that says "Employer Match Contribution" Quicken did give me a pop-up
asking if it was an employer match, to which I responded yes.

So... how do I get this one missing employer match to show up correctly,
without deducting money from any of my accounts?

From: John Pollard on
John Oliver wrote:
> My employer match to my 401(k) kicked in this year. I neglected to
> enter it into my paycheck in Quicken until after the first pay period
> had come and gone. When I go back and manually enter one, the amount
> is deducted from my checking account. I've looked at
> automatically-entered transactions, and what I did was identical to
> them. They all specified my checking account as the source of the
> money, but there are no concurrent deductions, as it should be. The
> only difference is a Memo that says "Employer Match Contribution"
> Quicken did give me a pop-up asking if it was an employer match, to
> which I responded yes.
>
> So... how do I get this one missing employer match to show up
> correctly, without deducting money from any of my accounts?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you modify the paycheck transaction in
the Quicken deposit account register. Specifically, you Edit the 401k
Pre-Tax deduction and put the amount of your employer match in the
"Employer Match" field. Doing that should cause no change to the paycheck
gross, or net.

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: Robert Neville on
John Oliver <joliver(a)john-oliver.net> wrote:

>So... how do I get this one missing employer match to show up correctly,
>without deducting money from any of my accounts?

As it's relatively early in the year, I'd just delete the existing paycheck
transactions, recreate the paycheck transaction form with the match amount
included, then recreate each paycheck.