From: JW on
I can download the update to R8 on my Vista machine but it won't install.
I'm updating from R4 to R8. It automatically downloaded a tmp file called
qwp9ed2.tmp
but would not install it. I get the error "Quicken is not able to install
updates" and tells me to restart and try again. Doesn't help. It tells me
to go to Quicken Support on the web. I cannot find anything there -- but I
do see a link to manually download the R8 update.
I download a file called qw10r8patch and run as Administrator like I'm told
and still get the same error.
I disable firewall / virus scanner and everything remotely related to
security and still no luck.

I have this installed on two machines one for travel - a Windows 7 machine -
and it updated just fine. Is it a problem that it is on two machines
simultaneously?

Is there anyone out there that may have had this problem and solved it?
Is there a number to call or chat line to Quicken that doesn't cost money?

Thanks for any assistance.

JW

From: CSM1 on
"JW" <jw(a)ungodly.net> wrote in

> I can download the update to R8 on my Vista machine but it won't
> install. I'm updating from R4 to R8. It automatically downloaded a
> tmp file called qwp9ed2.tmp
> but would not install it. I get the error "Quicken is not able to
> install updates" and tells me to restart and try again. Doesn't help.
> It tells me to go to Quicken Support on the web. I cannot find
> anything there -- but I do see a link to manually download the R8
> update. I download a file called qw10r8patch and run as Administrator
> like I'm told and still get the same error.
> I disable firewall / virus scanner and everything remotely related to
> security and still no luck.
>
> I have this installed on two machines one for travel - a Windows 7
> machine - and it updated just fine. Is it a problem that it is on two
> machines simultaneously?
>

> Is there anyone out there that may have had this problem and solved
> it? Is there a number to call or chat line to Quicken that doesn't
> cost money?
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> JW

Backup up your data file before uninstalling.

The general advice is to uninstall Quicken, then re-install Quicken.

That will often solve errors in the Quicken installation that prevents
updating.

During the act of installing Quicken will run the updates.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
From: jslcr1 on
On Mar 27, 8:13 pm, CSM1 <nom...(a)nomoremail.com> wrote:
> "JW" <j...(a)ungodly.net> wrote innews:iYudnUdBlKMe5jPWnZ2dnUVZ_qednZ2d(a)earthlink.com:
>

> > I can download the update to R8 on my Vista machine but it won't
> > install. I'm updating from R4 to R8.  It automatically downloaded a
> > tmp file called qwp9ed2.tmp
> > but would not install it.  I get the error "Quicken is not able to
> > install updates" and tells me to restart and try again.  Doesn't help..
> >  It tells me to go to Quicken Support on the web. I cannot find
> > anything there -- but I do see a link to manually download the R8
> > update. I download a file called qw10r8patch and run as Administrator
> > like I'm told and still get the  same error.
> > I disable firewall / virus scanner and everything remotely related to
> > security and still no luck.
>
> > I have this installed on two machines one for travel - a Windows 7
> > machine - and it updated just fine.  Is it a problem that it is on two
> > machines simultaneously?
>
> > Is there anyone out there that may have had this problem and solved
> > it? Is there a number to call or chat line to Quicken that doesn't
> > cost money?
>
> > Thanks for any assistance.
>
> > JW
>
> Backup up your data file before uninstalling.
>
> The general advice is to uninstall Quicken, then re-install Quicken.
>
> That will often solve errors in the Quicken installation that prevents
> updating.
>
> During the act of installing Quicken will run the updates.
>
> --
> CSM1http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Try to install using the following download.

Message when Updating Quicken 2010: "Was not complete..."
Updated: 3/09/2010 | Article ID: 7568
http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/using-quicken/patches-and-updates/7568.html

Make sure Quicken is not running when installing.
Also after you download this patch turn off antivirus and firewall
before you install.
From: JW on
>Big Snip>

>> CSM1http://www.carlmcmillan.com
>
> Try to install using the following download.
>
> Message when Updating Quicken 2010: "Was not complete..."
> Updated: 3/09/2010 | Article ID: 7568
> http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/using-quicken/patches-and-updates/7568.html
>
> Make sure Quicken is not running when installing.
> Also after you download this patch turn off antivirus and firewall
> before you install.

Thanks,

That did the trick.

JW