From: BGCSOCAL on
Oracle says that they are not developing a Windows 7 client for 10g only 11.
I really want off XP and love Windows 7. I have a new application from a
current vendor that requires Oracle 10g. I've been testing in XPMode. For one
set of tables the application seems to work fine so far, but for another set
of tables it says that it cannot log on to the database. From WinXP PCs, both
work.

In the event log of the applcation server, AV server, etc., I see logon
failures for the XMPUser and the VIRTUALXP-28481 domain. The second set of
tables requires that the user access the database differently and the error
message is that it is failing at logon.
Can I join the virtual PC to the domain and create a domain-level XPMUser
with a new password? If the answer is yes, this might solve my problem. If
the answer is no, do you have any ideas?

If I don't respond immediately, it is because for some reason notification
of replies does not work for me. I am very interested. This is the first
time I've used virtual PC and find it amazing but not intuitive.

Thanks
--
Bettie