From: Sally B on
Neither I or my partner can sign into MSN Messenger this morning. We get the
msg, "We are unable to sign you into th MSN Messenger, possibly because of a
problem with your internet connection. Please try again later."

We can both get emails and i/net access. I connected a new BB router last
week because the old one 'died'. I use MSN all day every day in my job - and
it was working fine up until 11.30 last night.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Greetings Sally,

Messenger should be giving you a specific error code, could you tell us what it is (ex.
80004005)?

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger

From: Uncle John on
Jonathon
I have this problem with Windows Live Messenger since a recent failure and
restore.
The error message code is 8100030D. However I can access Web Messenger and
MSN and the Zone Alarm 6.1 firewall has MSMN with out restrictions.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling still cannot sign in
I have so often trouble with MSN Messenger in all its versions that I would
really like to do with out it. However I understand that if I un-install it
then I will not be able to use MSN Premium which is my preferred email
client with Outlook as a fall back.
I do recall about a year ago when MSN 7 was launched there were many
connection problems which could be solved by clearing the Microsoft MSNM
application data folder. Is this still valid?
--
Uncle John

From: JediMindTricks on
80004005 is the error i get when i try to sign in....gettin kinda Pee'd off

From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Greetings,

Part of your Messenger contact cache may be corrupted.

To attempt to fix, close down Messenger if it's running, click Start, then Run, and type the
following:
%userprofile%\contacts
and click OK.

If nothing appears in the folder, click the Tools menu, then Options, then View tab, click
'Show hidden files or folders' and click OK. Once you are able to see the folders,
right-click the one that corresponds to your Passport and choose Delete.

Next, click Start, then Run, and type the following:
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

Then remove the corresponding folder again in this folder.

Then restart Messenger and try signing in again.
--

"JediMindTricks" <JediMindTricks(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 80004005 is the error i get when i try to sign in....gettin kinda Pee'd off
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Windows Live Messenger
Next: msn live anything