From: Candy on
My computer recently crashed.
I had someone recover it.
He renamed my Outlook pst file in the process.
I had two pst files. The newer downloaded my most recent emails into it
before I could set it to only download emails when I told it to.
I was able to copy files from the old one into the new one (the new one is
the only one that would "take" certain settings, as in calendar colors).
When I finally got around to checking my task list and to-do list, the task
list is not operational. It will not show in the to-do bar on the right.
I get the following message in that space:

"The operation failed. An object could not be found."

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get the task list portion to operate
again? Everything else seems to be working.

Outlook 2007
Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3
Windows XP

Thanks,
Candy
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/todo_bar_error.asp for the usual fix.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

From: Candy on
WONDERFUL!!!!!
It worked!!!!!
But - I just did the command first.
Didn't work.
Then I moved the extraneous pst files to a different place (want to keep
them until I'm sure I won't need them anymore).
After that, I did the command again.
EUREKA!!! It worked!!!

Thanks,
Candy
From: Candy on
Thanks.
But, there is something that did not come back (I know - I didn't mention it).
I cannot get back the "Outlook Today" view - even when I click on that icon
in the toolbar.
Can you help me with that, please?

Thanks,
Candy
From: Candy on
Thanks. But I have more questions.
Which folder? What is its name?
When I tried it, it changed more than one folder.
So, which folder should I be on when I do this?
Thanks.

Candy