From: POSRESKENO on
Just dumped Google Chrome as default internet access and have IE8. But now
cannot get to hyperlinks in e-mail messages. Get message " This operation has
been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact
our system administrator." It's a personal laptop and I am the SA? I have not
changed anything else. I cannot see anyplace in Outlook to change/allow
internet access process from one source to another. Help!
From: DL on
Ensure the correct default apps are shown in Internet Options & that IE is
set as default. Not an Outlook problem, but an IE one

From: VanguardLH on
POSRESKENO wrote:

> Just dumped Google Chrome as default internet access and have IE8. But now
> cannot get to hyperlinks in e-mail messages. Get message " This operation has
> been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact
> our system administrator." It's a personal laptop and I am the SA? I have not
> changed anything else. I cannot see anyplace in Outlook to change/allow
> internet access process from one source to another. Help!

You are claiming that you have never heard of online searching, like using
Google?

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22operation+has+been%22+cancelled+canceled+%2B%22due+to+restrictions+in+effect+on+this+computer%22

Operation canceled due to restrictions:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm