From: Bob Sisson on
I have built many rules before...

I have a rule that when a message comes in containing specific words in the
subject it is supposed to MOVE the message to a specific folder and play a
Sound.

Instead it COPIES the Message and plays a sound, so I end up with duplicates.

I checked and rechecked and I have selected MOVE and nothing else.

I am running Outlook 2007 Sp2 standalone (no server)

Bob Sisson
www.inspectionsbybob.com
From: Bob I on
A move is actually copy + delete, perhaps the "play sound" is
interfering with the "delete", try removing the "play sound" portion.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Bob Sisson" <BobSisson(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have built many rules before...
>
> I have a rule that when a message comes in containing specific words in the
> subject it is supposed to MOVE the message to a specific folder and play a
> Sound.
>
> Instead it COPIES the Message and plays a sound, so I end up with
> duplicates.
>
> I checked and rechecked and I have selected MOVE and nothing else.
>
> I am running Outlook 2007 Sp2 standalone (no server)

Try adding the "stop processing more rules" action to the rule.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]