From: Jeeremie on
Yesterday, I was designing in Fireworks CS$ when I press some keys on
my keyboard (don't ask me which ones) and then autoselect was disable.
Now to select an object in my design, I need to select the related
layer in my Layers panel and then select the object in my design. I
just don't know how to restore it to the default setting. Any idea?
From: Duncan Kennedy on
In message
<1205d939-f6ed-4dc3-9f08-18de11e50064(a)13g2000prl.googlegroups.com>,
Jeeremie <jeeremie(a)gmail.com> writes
>Yesterday, I was designing in Fireworks CS$ when I press some keys on
>my keyboard (don't ask me which ones) and then autoselect was disable.
>Now to select an object in my design, I need to select the related
>layer in my Layers panel and then select the object in my design. I
>just don't know how to restore it to the default setting. Any idea?

Sorry, I don't know what has happened to your Fireworks but just some
thoughts.

First I think I would have a look through Edit > Preferences to see if
some thing obvious had changed.

Then, as it was an unknown selection of keys that caused the problem,
perhaps a look in Keyboard Shortcuts to see if something obvious has
changed there.

Then I would be looking at the tool I selected - the top Left tool has
two instances and one is "Pointer tool" and the other is "select behind"
Could something have changed that?

But then you have probably tried all that already. Over to somebody
else for ideas - or try in the Adobe forums that are supported by the
experts on their web site - 'fraid most people have gone to the web site
forums or just disappeared when Adobe stopped supporting these Usenet
groups.

--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay
From: vish on
On Jul 28, 2:51 pm, Duncan Kennedy <nos...(a)nospam.otterson-bg.couk>
wrote:
> In message
> <1205d939-f6ed-4dc3-9f08-18de11e50...(a)13g2000prl.googlegroups.com>,
> Jeeremie <jeere...(a)gmail.com> writes
>
> >Yesterday, I was designing in Fireworks CS$ when I press some keys on
> >my keyboard (don't ask me which ones) and then autoselect was disable.
> >Now to select an object in my design, I need to select the related
> >layer in my Layers panel and then select the object in my design. I
> >just don't know how to restore it to the default setting. Any idea?
>
> Sorry, I don't know what has happened to your Fireworks but just some
> thoughts.
>
> First I think I would have a look through Edit > Preferences to see if
> some thing obvious had changed.
>
> Then, as it was an unknown selection of keys that caused the problem,
> perhaps a look in Keyboard Shortcuts to see if something obvious has
> changed there.
>
> Then I would be looking at the tool I selected - the top Left tool has
> two instances and one is "Pointer tool" and the other is "select behind"
> Could something have changed that?
>
> But then you have probably tried all that already.  Over to somebody
> else for ideas - or try in the Adobe forums that are supported by the
> experts on their web site - 'fraid most people have gone to the web site
> forums or just disappeared when Adobe stopped supporting these Usenet
> groups.
>
> --
> Duncan K
> Downtown Dalgety Bay

You could've possibly pressed ctrl+h, it hides edges, press it again
to toggle.

~ Vish
From: Alan Musselman on
On Jul 27, 10:07 pm, Jeeremie <jeere...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Yesterday, I was designing in Fireworks CS$ when I press some keys on
> my keyboard (don't ask me which ones) and then autoselect was disable.
> Now to select an object in my design, I need to select the related
> layer in my Layers panel and then select the object in my design. I
> just don't know how to restore it to the default setting. Any idea?

I think you probably turned on Single Layer Editing by Default. Go to
the Layers panel and click the icon in the top right corner and de-
select Single Layer editing.

Hope this helps!

btw - I just realized I'm still signed up here. I also prefer the
usenet/email list instead of the web versions of the support forums.

//Alan
From: Duncan Kennedy on
In message
<4f3233fe-c40f-4bc5-b731-f46d01580a0f(a)g1g2000pra.googlegroups.com>, Alan
Musselman <runnerman12(a)gmail.com> writes

>btw - I just realized I'm still signed up here. I also prefer the
>usenet/email list instead of the web versions of the support forums.

Good! Don't go away! :-)
--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay