From: Inge Grotjahn on
Dear group,

I have to create some buttons to go as triggers for an accordeon
panel. So I used a canvas with a background color and added text to it
with the text-tool. Because I need the same text in 2 different
colors, I duplicated the text and only changed the text-color. I chose
the background color as matte and saved it as .gif with
alphatransparency.

When I look at the result, I could cry forever...
Please give me a hint, what I missed to produce a nice
text-button-image.
http://www.gwsystems.com/testsite/zeit.html (when the panels of the
accordeon on the right side of the page are used, the images get even
worse:-(

Best regards
Inge Grotjahn

--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
From: Duncan Kennedy on
In message <eg0n3f6spkvc.dlg(a)gwsystems.com>, Inge Grotjahn
<inge(a)gwsystems.com> writes
>Dear group,
>
>I have to create some buttons to go as triggers for an accordeon
>panel. So I used a canvas with a background color and added text to it
>with the text-tool. Because I need the same text in 2 different
>colors, I duplicated the text and only changed the text-color. I chose
>the background color as matte and saved it as .gif with
>alphatransparency.
>
>When I look at the result, I could cry forever...
>Please give me a hint, what I missed to produce a nice
>text-button-image.
>http://www.gwsystems.com/testsite/zeit.html (when the panels of the
>accordeon on the right side of the page are used, the images get even
>worse:-(

If I have got it right your problem on that page is mainly with the
"hover" or "mouse over" button starting "Klassische..." although the
same effect is also seen on some(?all) those below?

It looks to me like when you made the bottom mouse over button(s) - the
ones that are wrong were made with the background one colour (dark or
blue?) and you chose that as the alpha matte. This would probably leave
a shading of the text in shades of blue (or "dark") background around
the text for anti- aliasing and that is what is showing on the "wrong "
ones. The one that is right or better was possibly made with the
background that matches page background if it looks OK to you.

You should try a second set of buttons made with the background of the
page your are to use them on and see if the result is what you want.

My preference would be to try making them with the canvas set to
transparent and so you wouldn't get the wrong shading - if that is
possible in your design.

Alternatively you could go round the edges of your text adding colours
to the transparency list one by one until you get close to what is
acceptable - but that is a bit of a long shot and could cause problems
with anti-aliasing.

Perhaps somebody else will have ideas but if you are stuck, try the
on-line web forums at Adobe, where the experts now live.

--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay