From: Simon Wigzell on
I am following these directions to connect to a live website with FP 2002:

File > Open Web > Type in your url (including http://) like this
http://www.url.com > Open > Enter UserID and Password

Fine, so I enter http://www.mississippiprinting.com which is a valid website
that I manage and I get the little paper clip guy saying:

"The folder http://www.mississippiprinting.com isn't accessible. The folder
may be located in an unavailable location, protected with a password or the
filename contains a / or a \."

This is a valid working domain name. Of course it is password protected, so
why not ask me for the user id and password? Of course it contains a /, it
is a URL.

So what is going on here? The only directions I can find in FP or at
microsoft or on the internet say to do exactly what I am doing.

Usually I manage my websites with a remote terminal so while I have been
developing websites for many years, this is the first time I have tried a
direct connection with FP.

Thanks

From: Steve Easton on
You need FrontPage extensions on the server to connect with FrontPage using
http://

Checking for the extensions configuration file: _vti_inf.html
http://www.mississippiprinting.com/_vti_inf.html
returns a page not found which indicates the extensions are not installed.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

From: Tom [Pepper] Willett on
The folder <sitename/folder> isn't accessible. The folder may be located in
an unavailable location, protected with a password or the file name contains
a"/" or a "\".

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;905428
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q260/7/55.ASP
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q264/7/49.ASP
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q266/6/65.ASP
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q272/5/42.ASP
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q287/3/99.ASP
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q310/8/46.ASP

As an alternative, you may wish to download the FREE Jimco Open Web which
bypasses the web folders, which may be corrupted: www.jimcosoftware.com
--
===
Tom [Pepper] Willett