From: tshad on
I am running on VS 2005 and Sql Server 2005 and trying to deploy my project
to Analysis Server and I get the following message:

The project could not be deployed to the 'D84964B1\SQL2005' server because
of the following connectivity problems : A connection cannot be made to
redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running. To verify or
update the name of the target server, right-click on the project in Solution
Explorer, select Project Properties, click on the Deployment tab, and then
enter the name of the server.

I know the Server and Instance is correct as I copied it directly from the
Connect to Server screen from Management Studio.

The Analysis Server, Sql Server and VS are all on the same machine. I also
originally had it set to TCP/IP and then changed it ti NamedPipes just in
case and made sure Analysis Service was running.

It still won't deploy.

What Am I missing?

Thanks,

Tom

From: tshad on
I found the problem for this one being that the Browser credentials were
different than Analysis Server and Sql server which were Local System.

But now I get:

The syntax for the ImpersonationInfo object is incorrect. If the
ImpersonateAccount value is used for ImpersonationInfo, then the Account
property cannot be empty.

Where is this and why do I need this? I am using a Windows Authentication.

Thanks,

Tom

From: tshad on
Found it.

You have to

1-right-click on data source in solution explorer
2-select View Designer
3-select Impersonation Information tab, then Default box

It turned out that when I first tried "Use credentials of Current User", I
got 7 errors. But when I tried "Use the Service account" it worked fine.
After that "Use credentials of current User" seemed to work but I think that
was because whatever caused it to fail was already deployed.

But I assume that either Default or Service account would work.